The Messenger

Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
twotimothytwo

The Messenger

Post by twotimothytwo » Wed May 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Who remembers the 'Messenger'? The guy who chaired the care meeting once a month? Do the PBCC still have one? You would have thought that being an EB and a messenger would have made you a trustworthy person, if such a person exists in the Brethren.

Not so.

When I was still 'in', my father-in-law was 'ministered to' and an amount of money from the special collection earmarked for him. He was duly handed the traditional brown envelope of cash at a fellowship meeting, presumably to save on postage and bank charges.

A week or so later we were staying at his house and in good 2T2 manner I ribbed him about our gift of £x. He looked puzzled and said it wasn't that much. I said it was, I was at the care meeting making notes! In his envelope was £x minus a certain percentage. However, when I said I was going to pursue it, he suddenly wasn't so sure about it. At the time he was quite a big noise and I got the impression he didn't want to rock the boat, but his initial reaction gave the game away.

Makes you wonder how many thousands, possibly millions, of pounds went missing over the years.

Is the system more accountable now? Or does the opportunity to divi the money up, one for you, one for me, still exist?

The Erect Vessel

Re: The Messenger

Post by The Erect Vessel » Wed May 01, 2019 10:59 pm

Oh it happened more than once 2T2. I remember Piggyboy getting cranky with one particular locality who had only been sending him stingy amounts intermittently and he complained to the local lead who investigated and the Messenger got busted and summarily kicked out... or maybe more accurately that was the story that was passed around the gossiping brethren's ears.

Human nature being what it is....if temptation is plonked in front of your nose...hmm....and you are a bit hard up especially splashing around scotch is an expensive business, and you daren't do anything else when you don't want to become 'a matter of concern' which I think I was most of the time when I was a good card carrying peeblet you can see how it happens.

Of course if you did that.. Sin unto death my friend and you will spend eternity in Hell with no escape route Raagh! Scared yet?

:shock: :? :shock:

twotimothytwo

Re: The Messenger

Post by twotimothytwo » Thu May 02, 2019 9:12 am

....and the 8th Commandment says ' Thou shalt not steal'.

In my experience, the EB was all about getting away with 'sin' when no-one was looking. Almost invariably a person sinning in a particular way would give the strongest 'words' against that sin on a Tuesday night, threatening eternal damnation, loss of franchise, exclusion from fellowship and a little fire and brimstone thrown in too.

It's done to try and make you and the rest of the assembled believe they would never do such a thing. It's deceitful, it's dishonest, it's hypocrisy.

I wonder if that brother in New Zealand ever gave a word on the seriousness of stealing bees?.......do that you'll get stung........and he was!

Apparently he stole so many, the current minister of the lord in the recovery is now known as DH!