Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5:5

Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
twotimothytwo

Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5:5

Post by twotimothytwo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Ananias and Sapphira

5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
Some recent observations about the PBCC
Well I remember BDH telling us to feed them (anyone outside the peebs) basically false information. I forget how it was put exactly but the general gist of it was it was not only ok but encouraged to tell lies 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ I remember thinking, if we have nothing to hide why lie??? 🤔
The endemic fraudulence within the Hales Exclusive Brethren/PBCC cult makes me nauseous and deeply worried for the family & friends I knew 31yrs ago. I hated the dishonesty of Brethrenism well before I left in 1987, but it has ramped-up to a shocking degree under BDH, seems to me.
Just have to assume that the Lord is not stressing Ananias and Sapphira just now, it simply doesn't tie in with what these great men in the recovery are teaching us currently!

fisherman

Re: Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5:5

Post by fisherman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Frankly,I see no evidence that the Brethren know or respect scripture at all,other than selected passages that appear to suit their purposes( as in all cults ‘obedience’ is always emphasized)In fact, I have serious doubts about some of them even being Christians other than in name only.if this is the case,then you can hardly expect someone who us not a believer to respect the authority of scripture ( that question was made abundantly clear when the brethren refused to accept Paul’s teaching in 1 Corintheans 6 ‘if you be invited to the house of the unbeliever,eat all that is set before you’ that allowed individual exercise and kicked the props out from under JTjts blanket ban on eating with anyone ‘not with us’ back in the early 60’s)Time after time we have seen scripture blatantly ignored or dismissed (ie taking brethren to court, breaking up marriages,refusing to accept Paul’s qualifications for leadership( alcoholism) summarily ignoring the assembly principles of Matthew 18 when it suites them....the list goes on and on...why worry about a few scriptures warning about riches or telling the truth if it gets in the way of making money?