Non Disclosure Agreements

Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
The Questioner

Non Disclosure Agreements

Post by The Questioner » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:12 am

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/ma ... SApp_Other

Exclusive Brethren have (ab)used NDAs, not for their intended purpose of protecting commercial secrets, but to stop former organisation members from speaking about non-business matters eg church, families, leadership, schools etc.

Currently I know of ex members who could have much to say but are not allowed to say anything. It is an appalling curtailment of freedom and the right to reflect on or criticise the practices of a closed, taxpayer subsidised high-maintenance organisation.

Hopefully, this proposed legislation will assist them and close off one more area of abuse.

fisherman

Re: Non Disclosure Agreements

Post by fisherman » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Well,that’s really funny because I went through the four gospels about Jesus life and teachings ,then I went through Paul’s ministry and try as I might,I couldn’t find any reference to NDA’s ....course,maybe the Lord has moved on

The Questioner

Post by The Questioner » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:28 am

I wouldn't expect to see NDAs in the bible. They are properly for protecting commercial secrets. Motor cars and telephones aren't in the bible either. Neither are Baptists, Anglicans or Plymouth Brethren.

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:49 pm

Got to thinking,when the lord sent the disciples out into the whole world to share the ‘good news’ , he meant ‘FULL DISCLOSURE’ ,tell it to everybody...nobody who lights a lamp hides it under a basket....we CLAIMED we had the ‘Light’ but we didn’t share it,come to think of it,I’m glad we didn’t...,you wouldn’t want to spread false doctrine and break up more marriages and families would you?