Here's the brilliant way the Rapid Relief Team thanked NHS staff at Yeovil District Hospital

Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
LadyKiwi

Here's the brilliant way the Rapid Relief Team thanked NHS staff at Yeovil District Hospital

Post by LadyKiwi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 am

The local Rapid Relief Team (RRT) showed their appreciation to Yeovil Hospital staff on Saturday (June 2) with a barbecue.

Food was donated and dished out to the hospital's doctors, nurses and other employees by 15 RRT members.

Local team leader Ralph Barter said: "We did it out of appreciation for all that they put into the local community.

"I've proved it myself, the benefit of the staff and the hard work they do and I often feel with the NHS it's unrewarded.

"We've got one of our members today up in the hospital suffering severely from cancer and she's been treated very well by the staff here, so we've seen it very much at close hand."

The RRT is a charitable organisation established in 2013 with teams mainly comprised of volunteers from the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church.

Earlier this year in March, the team helped transport hospital employees during snow storms, allowing them to continue their work.

"It's well known around the whole area how good Yeovil Hospital is," Ralph added.

"The staff are excellent and the sacrifices that these guys make is tremendous, so it's a thank you for their efforts."

Militsa Pribetich-Gill, head of staff and patients wellbeing at Yeovil Hospital, said: "We really want to thank them (RRT) from the bottom of our heart - we are hugely humbled and grateful.

"We have a team who are working incredibly hard every day and they do it because it's a passion and they have a love for the job.

"Next month we're celebrating 70 years of the NHS so this comes at a really poignant time, and reiterates the importance of the NHS and how crucial it's been."

http://tinyurl.com/y8vzdd2u

The Questioner

Re: Here's the brilliant way the Rapid Relief Team thanked NHS staff at Yeovil District Hospital

Post by The Questioner » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:10 am

Gosh! They are wonderful.

Presumably young EBs can now become doctors and civil servants and eventually have a part in running the NHS.

LadyKiwi

Re: Here's the brilliant way the Rapid Relief Team thanked NHS staff at Yeovil District Hospital

Post by LadyKiwi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 am

I feel, that just maybe, while these young people are participating with "outsiders" a few of them may take a liking to a non-EB and then there will be REAL hope of freedom to some of them.

I live in hope.
Take care
LadyKiwi

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:10 am

Let's add some perspective to the 'love and generosity' of the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church. An affiliation of Gospel Hall Trusts which the PBCC claim are 'autonomous' but most , if not all signed up to the following:-
A key element of the decision to register PDT was that the trustees agreed to address issues of detriment
and harm by adopting the DoV which clearly sets out its principles and practices and in particular that its
disciplinary practices and its dealings with former members would be mitigated by compassion.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _trust.pdf

Keyword? Compassion.

in 1980, due to a complication in childbirth, and whilst still in the EB, my wife became epileptic. Her mother, the wife of a very well known UK 'area leader', never accepted this diagnosis and preferred to believe her daughter could be treated with homeopathic potions like Kali Phos and Nat Mur. As part of her convalescence, and with a baby daughter to care for, her GP suggested that maybe her mother could help and have her to stay. The request was turned down on the basis that other Brethren could construe this to be a holiday and suddenly every Tom, Dick and Harry would be racing to the coast. Had her mother lived in Nuneaton, or Bradford things may have been different, but living in a beautiful part of Cornwall, much loved by UK holidaymakers, it was forbidden.

In the ensuing years, while Doctors struggled to control my wife's condition with various combinations of medication and she continued to suffer fairly frequent fits, she was often not well enough to be at the meeting. Our daughter (still very young) needed caring for and our attendance, or rather sometimes non-attendance at EB meetings came under scrutiny. Every time a meeting was missed by both of us, we were called by telephone by the same Brother every time, asking how we were. We came to the conclusion that these calls were not in fact made in caring mode, but rather reminding us that we had not attended a meeting when we should have, like 'normal' Brethren.

To add insult to injury, we had a Brother in the same meeting who had been banished to an epileptic 'colony' out in the countyside by his family in a neighbouring 'city'. Apparently it was OK for him to live under the same roof as non-believers, eat with them, watch TV etc without question. He was collected by other Brethren on two occasions each week and brought to the meeting. No further questions asked!

As time passed by and with daughter reaching nine years old, we decided we'd had enough. We were under pressure to move to a detached property and were really not in a financial position to do so. We witnessed hypocrisy and lying on an industrial scale and left the organisation. A move made so much easier by the lack of compassion and love shown by my wife's parents and the Brethren in general and one which we have never in the meantime, regretted for a single hour.

So here we are in 2018, my wife's Mother is still alive and well into her 90's. Still a member of the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church. She has already outlived two of her 5 children, one of whom died a few years ago from epilepsy brought on by chronic alcoholism, the other suffering a stroke.

Since we left in 1989, how many times do you think my wife's Mother has spoken with her daughter? Review? Deed of Variation? New era of care?

NONE

Please don't forget Rapid Relief Team. Charity begins at home.

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:34 am

If HM Government reviewed their Gift Aid policy with certain charities, the NHS and it's staff could well benefit by more than a few sausages.

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:04 pm

Hate to be cynical, but a couple of things come to mind

(1) none of these 'good works' even happened before their charitable status was questioned( I well remember we said 'let the world look after their own')
(2) never mind this 'Do your alms( charity) in secret'-they trumpet them from the roof tops,and never miss a photo op
(3) those in 'Christendom' notably 'open brethren' have been volunteering themselves in obscurity( no red shirts) both at home and abroad well back into the 1800's,no photo ops and often for their whole lives,and long before any 'charity commission' (check out George Mueller and his orphanages )

The salient question is-would the RRT even exist with no tax exemptions at stake or is this just a thinly disguised attempt to 'put one over ' on the charities commission and prime the pump for more ....be honest now...just for comparisons sake,the assembly I attend spends 75% of its income supporting missions and commended workers, we have no paid local workers ,visiting speakers are given small honorariums to cover travel expense ( this was the way the EB used to operate when they were a faith based church) and hold an AGM where audited statements are made available

Quite frankly,the Scientology church does exactly the same thing,and I highly suspect the EB copied the RRT from them along with the same fanfare and photo ops...but I agree with Lady Kiwi,possably the best thing that could come out of this is the brethren young people might get their eyes opened and decide they want more...