CMA Conference 5-6 June 2018 Brisbane Convention Centre

Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
Balaam's Ass

Re: CMA Conference 5-6 June 2018 Brisbane Convention Centre

Post by Balaam's Ass » Wed May 30, 2018 3:03 am

The CEO PBCC can be a guest speaker and teach them how to charge appropriate attendance fees.

At only $720 ($620 for members) for the two day conference, it's hardly worth collecting the money.

Rev Bob

Post by Rev Bob » Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 am

I hope that the CEO of the PBCC, whoever that is, by attending this CMA Conference, will discover and appreciate the joy and indeed the necessity of diversity in the body of believers. A body comprising only a nose or an ear would not be a body if that body is to function. As Christians we really do need one another.

As he (not likely to be she) moves among other believers who are also in business. I pray that this CEO, who I trust really is a disciple of Jesus, will be greatly blessed personally and that this will overflow for the spiritual benefit of all the flock.

The Erect Vessel

Post by The Erect Vessel » Wed May 30, 2018 11:32 pm

As he (not likely to be she) moves among other believers who are also in business. I pray that this CEO, who I trust really is a disciple of Jesus, will be greatly blessed personally and that this will overflow for the spiritual benefit of all the flock.
I want to be gentle in my reply to you Rev Bob but am struggling a little.

If, as I hope you haven't, had the experience of being in that awful cult, and the lingering damage it leaves you with for many many years after, I really cannot comprehend how you would think that the CEO would act like a disciple of Jesus, and who you rightly assume will almost definitely be a 'brother' - a leading brother no doubt - these guys are almost beyond redemption. Words fail me and I'll shut up before I explode.

:shock:

abishag

Post by abishag » Thu May 31, 2018 1:36 am

A Peeb said to me the other day - 'We're changed now!"
I said "I know you have - the question is - is it for the better? Or is it just better for Bruce Hales and his cohorts?"

Rev Bob

Post by Rev Bob » Thu May 31, 2018 7:41 am

Thank you for your gentleness Mr Erect Vessel - much appreciated! In the circles where I move I am quite widely known as Crazy Bob because I seem to believe in the impossible!

By way of introduction, yes, I am ex EB and was disowned by my father so am fully aware of the horrors. However, since being set free I have also learned that nothing is impossible with God and have seen the lives of all kinds of people - quite a few labelled as hopeless cases - miraculously changed for ever by Jesus. For that reason, even though I agree the situation may appear hopeless it really doesn't need to be. Crazy as it may appear, I refuse to give up hope and I pray that the light will shine in the darkness. The system may shudder on - it's the people in it that I long to see set free and if the life of someone prominent was to be dramatically changed by Jesus who can say how far the ripples would go. Even you do not say they are beyond redemption but add "almost". Let's expect the impossible for once!

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Thu May 31, 2018 11:16 am

Will people attending this CMA Conference be locked into the premises? Unable to leave until someone unlocks the door and/or gates?

One has to wonder how many of the 300+ organisations represented, operate a system like this at their own Places of Public Worship?

Humbled

Post by Humbled » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Thank you for your reminder to expect the impossible.

John And Charles Wesley are two big examples of men whose ministries had long term blessings for the whole of the Christian Church. Both of these men were so called Christian ministers, ordained , preachers,teachers even missionaries and by their own admission didnt know Christ.

I have been reading a little a bit about their well known conversions. These two ministers through Grace seperately were called into the Kingdom and Born Again . As Christians their ministries in the writing of hymns of praise amongst other things have been the source of great blessing to untold numbers who have experienced the lasting joys of Gods grace.

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:06 pm

The main sponsor of this event was Ansvar Insurance.

https://www.ansvar.com.au/faith/

Among the products they offer is 'Sex Abuse Cover', key risks of 'Abuse and Sexual Molestation'.
Sexual Abuse Cover

Offered as an extension within the Public and Products Liability policy, Ansvar’s Sexual Abuse Cover protects your organisation against allegations of sexual abuse committed by either an employee or volunteer against a member of the public whilst in your care.
The cover is offered to organisations with robust risk management procedures in place and offers peace of mind for a serious risk which is very real for organisations that provide care to vulnerable people including children, the disabled and the elderly. Even if a claim is brought against your organisation years after an incident of abuse occurs, Ansvar will protect your organisation irrespective of when a claim is made, provided you had insurance with Ansvar at the time of the incident. Comfort not all policies provide.
https://www.ansvar.com.au/faith/faith-i ... -products/

Interesting to note the proposed attendance of the CEO of Plymouth Brethren Christian Church. Any eagle-eyed members in Brisbane manage to find out who holds this lofty title?