Unconscionable invasion into people's private lives

Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
fisherman

Unconscionable invasion into people's private lives

Post by fisherman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:53 pm

One of the hallmarks of a cult is invasion into people's private lives,and the EB are certainly no exception.Under many guises and excuses( being 'obedient') the whole thing comes down to 'control' into every minute detail of people's lives.

These intrusions range from being a nuisance to far more serious acts like banning birth control even where genetic disabilities are already known-people producing child after child with serious genetic deficiencies( I know of several families with3, 4,5 and even 6 kids -all carrying the same defect)requiring lifetime care,they will never be self suffient ....yet the EB parents were STILL not allowed to act responsibly and use birth control( in most cases,this put enormous burden on the moms and extended family )

Outrageous! The author of these utterly preposterous and unconscionable polices,JHS is dead,and thankfuly many of his 'words DID 'fall to the ground' ,quietly dropped,(i.e. bans on garage door openers ,cell phones and computors) but in some case the RESULTS can NEVER be reversed....children born with serious mental disabilities AFTER the parents knew about the risk of continued pregnancy-but NOT ALLOWED to do anything about it by the church...and all to satiate some leaders ego of imposing control over people's private lives...

If ANYBODY denies the EB are a cult and demands PROOF -look no further than the 'anti birth control 'ban enforced on church members...some EB wives quietly did use birth control,but risked the 'knock at the door ' by the 'priests'( this was documented in Ngaires book'Behind Closed Doors'-an expose' on the EBs intrusion into people private lives)

PeterF

Re: Unconscionable invasion into people's private lives

Post by PeterF » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:57 pm

fisherman wrote:One of the hallmarks of a cult is invasion into people's private lives,and the EB are certainly no exception.Under many guises and excuses( being 'obedient') the whole thing comes down to 'control' into every minute detail of people's lives.

These intrusions range from being a nuisance to far more serious acts like banning birth control even where genetic disabilities are already known-people producing child after child with serious genetic deficiencies( I know of several families with3, 4,5 and even 6 kids -all carrying the same defect)requiring lifetime care,they will never be self suffient ....yet the EB parents were STILL not allowed to act responsibly and use birth control( in most cases,this put enormous burden on the moms and extended family )

Outrageous! The author of these utterly preposterous and unconscionable polices,JHS is dead,and thankfuly many of his 'words DID 'fall to the ground' ,quietly dropped,(i.e. bans on garage door openers ,cell phones and computors) but in some case the RESULTS can NEVER be reversed....children born with serious mental disabilities AFTER the parents knew about the risk of continued pregnancy-but NOT ALLOWED to do anything about it by the church...and all to satiate some leaders ego of imposing control over people's private lives...

If ANYBODY denies the EB are a cult and demands PROOF -look no further than the 'anti birth control 'ban enforced on church members...some EB wives quietly did use birth control,but risked the 'knock at the door ' by the 'priests'( this was documented in Ngaires book'Behind Closed Doors'-an expose' on the EBs intrusion into people private lives)
No longer current or obeyed. I know of a parent with depression where it has been directed.

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:45 am

' no longer current or obeyed'...that may well be so, but the mentally and physically challenged children born under this utterly unconscionable ' no birth control' edict are alive and well and need ongoing care,a living memorial to the brethren's meddling with people's lives..

Have the brethren officially denounced ANY of this as 'words that fell to the ground' and accepted responsibility?

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:18 am

No longer current or obeyed. I know of a parent with depression where it has been directed.
Isn't that Fisherman's point? You must do, you mustn't do. Maybe the parent involved would not even be depressed if they were in control of their own life?

The Erect Vessel

Post by The Erect Vessel » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:29 am

I find the whole peeb cult thing depressing and try to avoid thinking about it too much, as our basic inability to change anything is really quite depressing. Bruce still sits smug in his castle surrounded by his fawning minions, rolling in cash.

Doh! The Australian parliament have suddenly realised that the private schools have been handed far too much money and the money that has been skimmed off who would know?

It makes me sick.

I was speaking to an ex eb friend of mine recently who managed to get out of the worst schism of the EB cult in 1970 - only 15 years old then - and every week he still finds himself thinking about them and their evils.

Lets face it, the ordinary peeblet has no perception that their whole cult is bluntly speaking EVIL!

Talk about an unconscionable invasion into people's lives? Huh! Wrecking ball through our lives is more accurate in my book!

Accountability from their Leaders? Accountability is a foreign word to them. Zero accountability. Zero responsibility.

All you ever get from them is Blame, excuses, denial and then a series of justifying statements. Perfect example of the modern day Pharisee.

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:01 am

In my opinion the EB hierarchy* represent all the worst traits 'religion' ( not following Jesus) has to offer...pride,entitlement,arrogance,opportunism,ego,no conscience,no mercy - wrap the whole thing up and what do you get?- an EB 'leader'....precisely the type of person the Lord warned about and Paul said to 'have nothing to do with' -the epitome of the modern day Pharisee...

We might not be able to effect any change in the EB( they would have to have a conscience for that to happen) but hopefuly the government will wake up and realise they've been 'had' ....why should the ordinary taxpayers contribute to an EB leader 'tearing down their barns and building greater'? -THEY don't live like that....flying around the country in private biz jets...even better should the tax department decide to initiate a forensic audit and unravel all those convoluted tax schemes( that would be the 'attack',I can just hear the shrill crys of outrage ) that might wipe the smug smile off their faces....

* I do not hold the 'rank and file' EB to the same account as the leaders, naive and easily lead, complacent possibly,but not the instigators.Unfortionately more often than not these are the people who get left holding the bag -their 'loyalty' to the leaders is not reciprocated...

PosterChild

Post by PosterChild » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:49 pm

I don't know about that fisherman.In the end looking to a leader for guidance, or blaming leaders for corporate wrong probably won't gain favour with God...? If there was a majority of devout believers in each household who acted their conscience, the position would cease to exist over night.

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:54 pm

I have to agree PosterChild. The Berlin Wall was torn down by ordinary people. That feat alone renders a PBCC rebellion, led by the congregation eminently possible. I hold the congregation as responsible as the leaders. No congregation, no leader.

Not so grand walking into an empty hall with no one standing to attention, is it Hales?

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:57 pm

'Not so grand walking into an empty hall with no one standing to attention'.....not to mention no more 'gifts' either...

'Grass roots rebellion' is EXACTLY what Aberdeen was....ORDINARY brethren's conscience was arroused and we just wouldn't take it, we ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT pledge ourselves '100%' behind JTjr caught in the sack with a naked women*..the LEADERS ( with a vested interest) tried DESPERATELY to keep it intact as they tried story after story to shut down the ordinary brethren who demanded to know the facts....and where ever the facts were made known,ordinary brethren( not leaders) had the courage of their convictions to stand up....yup,I WAS THERE .

* if that earns me the title'opposer',I take it as a COMPLIMENT( corrected)
Last edited by fisherman on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Questioner

Post by The Questioner » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:46 am

compliment! :-)