WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:41 pm 

I just watched a rerun of the documentary of David Koresh which ended tragically in the fire in Waco Texas where he took 76 'faithful' people including 22 children under age 17 to their death.

My opinion is that all if these so called 'divinely appointed' ministers of the Lord( wrong on both counts) are not only completely delusionary themselves but manage to convince others as well,even to sacrifing their own lives and children to his 'cause' This is where the problem is,left to themselves they are generally harmless,easily identified and if nessary confined to mental institutions but once they gather a following,it has the potential to snowball.From the documentary,it is easily seen that attempting to reason with these people is completely pointless( like trying to reason with Eb that JTjr being drunk,getting caught in the sack with a naked woman and using blasphemous and ribald language in meeting WASN'T 'spiritual' nor was he a 'pure man') no,I am NOT 'questioning his 'purity'-I am outright DENYING it....

JTjr had some charisma,but was ruthless in getting rid of any opposition-even to people who proved that the 'new ministry' denied scriptural basis.JHS small minded ignorance was only matched by his ruthlessness,possibly the crualest despot to ever rule over the brethren,and in my opinion JSH had all the personality of someone who failed the geniality course in undertakers school.Not sure where BDH fits in,not even sure he even is a Christian,but he certainly seems to have figured out how to 'shear the sheep'.Funny that despite who they were,they ALL were known for their indulgence in booze,an automatic disqualifer for leadership,according to Pauls ministry...the one word you CAN't associate with ANY of them is 'humility'and 'feet washing' as Christ demonstrated, just isn't on their roster..

Jesus said 'I am meek and lowly'( Matthew 11)-Quick Question - WHICH of JTjr,JHS,JSH or BDH would you say were 'meek and lowly'?...take your time now...( or maybe that's a question you really don't dare ask yourself.....makes you VERY uncomfortable,doesn't it?)

But the common denominator in ALL of these cult leaders is 'facts don't count',be they scientific,scriptural or even historical....the undisputed and eminently qualified for title 'blind leaders of the blind'...Christ warned the disciples to have nothing to do with such religeos leaders in Matthew 15:12( I think he would say the same thing about EB leaders today,seeing the 'God of this world' (mammon) being so openly worshiped - ' blind leaders of the blind' .....)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:29 am 

Pigster had some very popular rants which I remember well. 'You can't get to Christ without going via Paul' was one of them.
Another was 'Sometimes the best thing you can do is get out of Paul's way' another. My interpretation of that last one was .I am the boss, and I'll do what I want however I want and don't even think of trying to stop me, as I am the dog's nuts'.....or something along these lines.

Small minded shrewd mid west piggy boy who loved his scotch and basically drunk himself to death.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:38 am 

JHS using the obscure scripture 'God doth not take pleasure in the legs of a man' as the basis of banning men wearing shorts kind of kicked back on him ....God obviously didn't take any pleasure in HIS,because he had one of his legs amputated...

I find all these mantras they trot out about 'Paul' rather ironic ,mainly because they DON'T follow Paul's ministry at all...drinking to excess AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFYS them for leadership....1Timothy 3:1-7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:07 am 

The slogan “You can only get to Christ through Paul” was popular as early as 1968. At that time, “Paul” was code for J.T.Jr.

It was a monstrously pretentious claim, and could hardly have been further from the truth, so it had to be expressed in cryptic language. The staunch Taylor supporters repeated it endlessly to one another and nodded knowingly to show that they understood its cryptic meaning.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:36 am 

With the Elect Vessel known as 'Paul' , we then briefly had a 'Titus' in the shape of Henry Magahy, until he too got caught playing away. Maybe he should have been known as 'Habakkuk'!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:35 pm 

' Staunch supporters repeated it endlessly' (ie.'He was a pure man' )seems to be an integral part of brainwashing and indoctrination.Brethren repeated these mindless little mantras by rote like the Jews say 'shallom' when they meet and greet.

Funny,I think the first time I ran into it was during the 60's when Bruce Hales was trying to make his mark,brothers would greet each other by looking you straight in the eye,give a firm handshake and tersely running off whatever little slogan was in vogue that week,accompanied by the curt nod of the head...no smiling please...it was all very solemn...kind of like the Mason's secret handshake.

Of course when the Hales were so uncerimoniously(and thankfully) dumped,all these little slogans denoting membership in their inner circle club suddenly disappeared...matter of fact,nobody mentioned even knowing anybody by name 'Hales' anymore,let alone name dropping and telling the little stories which were making the rounds just the week before( brethren are known for sudden loss of memory)....must of been quite a let down for when Bruce was knocked off his perch and reduced to driving a cab..be almost worth it to whistle up a cab and have him touch his cap and hold the door ....'how are the mighty fallen'...

Truth be told,I seriously wonder if this experience factors heavily in how BDH operates,he saw his father and uncle publicly humiliated and he's going to make the brethren pay...AND get rich in the process...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:22 pm 

Ah, but fishermen the scientific reality is that the meekness and humility was there if you just had eyes to see it. Take our dear J.S.hGrumpy for instance. He could have ruled the world but he was willing to settle for a meager 40000 under his thumb. So you see the humility is demonstrated by what they could have done but didn't do. To think that you could judge humility by what they literally did, would be akin to thinking the scripture actually means what it says.
In other words meekness and humility is clearly to be understood figuratively not literally.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:11 am 

So,if 'meekness and humility' are to be taken 'figuratively' but not literally, would Pauls very clear ministry on drunkeness disqualifying anyone being an overseer ALSO be taken 'figuratively' but not literally?....seems to me there's a lot of 'figurative' drinking going on...good job Paul never meant the qualifications for leadership to be taken literally...or the last FIVE 'Divinely Appointed Universal Leaders of the Lord in the Recovery ' wouldn't make the cut if Paul LITERALLY MEANT WHAT HE SAID to Timothy about leadership...uh,hate to mention this but what if Paul actually DID mean 'not given to much wine' WAS to be taken literally?...seems pretty clear to me..yup,we 'follow Paul ' alright...when it suits us..

ps....it would be a great help and much appreciated if the EB/PBCC would come right out openly and publish a list of Pauls ministry ,including qualifications for oversight as he wrote to Timothy should be taken 'literally' or are really just there 'figuratively' ....just so?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:07 am 

Quote:
we’ll have the courage and the moral capacity to stand loyal to the truth, whatever it involves, right down to the rejection of belt beepers
J. H. Symington, Vol. 108 page 196 (Neche, 28 July 1982)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:39 pm 

Is that great truth(divinely inspired of course) still being stressed amongst us,or has it been relegated to 'just a myth surrounding the brethren I'm afraid' yet? ( after a while you forget and you can't tell anybody 'outside' because they look at you funny...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next