WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post subject: Re: The 'tipping point'
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:42 am 

Were you ever one of the 'approved' blub RV? ( I never quite made the cut....,one was on the 'fringe' of things)see,in the 'assembly' everyone was equal, but some were more equal than others in the 'pecking order of peebs' which didn't exist,except it did...I think there were known as 'heavies' after we left...not sure what the qualifications were for being a 'heavy' -was that measured in mental capacity ,stomach capacity ,or they were full of? ( no,wasn't thinking of 'grace') but for some,the 'tipping point' was realizing the whole thing was bogus,a charade and based on politics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:19 am 

As with most tipping points, there is a lead up period of extreme unhappiness, or conviction that something is unquestionably wrong. Such was the lead up to my decision and expulsion from the EB.

In 1971, following Aberdeen, which was vastly different for the Brethren in the UK than it was for Australians, (we were told to ignore and reject any rumours we heard about Aberdeen as being totally untrue, so many had absolutely no idea what had actually transpired) -Symington began his rule with an iron fist.

The first thing that he gave the flick to was further education which affected me directly. Then he said we had to work for the Brethren, which if your father had a business, was fine, but if he didn't you were headed for a life with little or no prospects of professional development. Brethren businesses look after the Brethren who own them and their families. Not outsiders to their families. So you would always be a shit-kicker and if another family member wanted to join the business you were made redundant immediately. This happened to me. If the brother who owned the business was one of those unfortunates who also got the arse from the Peebs, then all Brethren employees were sacked on the spot. This happened also. So sooner or later you can see your life flashing before your eyes and your work prospects becoming dimmer and dimmer. You have no stability or guarantee of income. When I left they did not even pay me what I was owed. (And these people are honest and have some sort of moral integrity?)

I adored my parents and siblings but had to make a hard choice in the end- go slowly mad or leave and try and make a life for myself. This is a sin! So they booted me out immediately. Symington - a pig farmer from Neche on the Canadian border, despite never meeting me, gave the order.

But this loving wonderful group of Christians rejoiced that they had rooted the evil that I obviously was out of their midst and sent my parents to the third row for being associated with me. My father was a 'ministering' brother so this would have affected him deeply. I never saw them again.

32 years later they came and said they were sorry. I had in fact done nothing wrong they said. Give up your life in the world and come back they said. I forget my exact response but it was something along the lines of "Are you completely out of your bloody minds? After the cruelty you heaped on me as a teenager, you want me to take a leap of faith and do it all again?" I was incredulous. At their audacity more than anything else. Talk about barefaced cheek.

Yes I lost my family. Yes I lost my inheritance of both family connection and knowledge and materially. Yes I lost my trust in people. Yes I lost my trust in organised religion. And yes, it has traumatized me for life.

The fact that they then go on to completely reverse many of the rules, which were the cause of so much pain to people like me, is reprehensible. People lost their children and wives over silly rules that Hales now endorses as being perfectly alright. Worse, some of these things are mandatory! Like computers.

But then again, you probably thought that the Brethren actually give a stuff about people they have treated wrongly in the past. How wrong you are. And there are thousands of them. For this reason alone, the Brethren are NOT 'right' and they never will be. They are cruel fools living in a fool's paradise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:28 am 

No, I never made it to the status of 'someone who was carrying things' status. I once got asked to be a priest as they had run out of priests as JHS had got a lot of our meeting shut up and I was one of the unlikely ones who wasn't shut up at that point; I went along - clearly the junior priest, and never been so uncomfortable in my life, as this sister much older than me started spilling gory details of 'stuff' and being an innocent young brother I was shocked and didn't say anything as the chief priest asked question after question - I think he was getting his jollies over it; quite disgusting. Anyway, I wasn't asked again thank goodness but that is as near as I got to being a heavy.
Oh and btw Mr Fisherman, on a point of doctrinal matters on another thread One has to take issue with you as I am not sure if it is a sydlexic matter or whether it is wilful sin but the legs and shorts matter was an issue brought up by belobbered JSH and not JHS. I think this could be a seven day matter and see what the blub bren think but perhaps we need to shrink from you, and let the matter deepen with you.
Alternatively you could offer up 3 turtle doves and one pigeon and the matter could possibly be covered in a priestly way.
Now, one last thing is there a link here in some way? Would the woman in John 4 come into the matter, and would it be a deep matter, or something deeper needing worked on in a federal sense so to speak as it were?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:49 pm 

Ah,blub RV,one is moved in the inward parts so to speak,see one was wondering in practical terms 'shrinking from' would link with 'washing ones garments' in water that was too hot?( that might account for the look of concern when the heavies sat down)not having a pigeon( those were more common than you think in the 'approved' ) nor even a turtle dove ,but one was wondering if that brand of Scotch with the grouse on the label would suffice as a suitable offering?would three bottles do as a substitutional sacrifice?

After I turned my back on 'The Church' ( which JND said he would not fellowship with any group making that claim) seeing through the hypocricy and duplicity that obviously never was 'judged' in spite of many brothers standing up professing a 'judgement' of the 'Commercial System in the Assembly ,est 1965 ( some of those are alive today ) reared its ugly head again ,I was faced with 'two roads that diverged in the woods ,and decided to take 'the road less traveled by..and that has made all the difference'...(Robert Frost) nope,wouldn't exchange it even for a third row seat in the windowless offices if the 'system' bowing down to their god of mammon and extolling the praises of 'your dear father'( met the guy,had no use for him,or his brother,bunch of arrogant loud mouthed braggarts that treated the brethren with disdain-not the sort of people you would want to be seen associatiating with)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:36 pm 

As far as I know, Symington was the first leader to outlaw shorts. I will post his divinely inspired words of wisdom in the section for Extracts of Brethren Ministry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 pm 

:cry: Oh dear...If I could grab the mic off Fisherman...'I would just like to humbly confess, [pregnant feeling things pause] that I have sinned, and brought to nought the words of wisdom that our beloved brother Fisherman alluded to in relation to the shorts matter. Just, [sob...sob] beg for the brethren's forgiveness, and just so sorry mm, and feeling things very deeply as to the wrongful allusion One made as to whether it was Piggyboy or Mr Happy who brought up the shorts ministry.'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 am 

One is most relieved to learn that 'none of their words fell to the ground'...even if some of their shorts did...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:06 am 

1.Father withdrawn from 1972.
2.Told I would be next - a meeting of tradies and I was the only professional bloke so a vendetta.
3. Wife's family inside in another State and needed us for financial support so just sat it out
4. Employed peebs, housed peebs, financed their businesses - didn't change that but later viewed as brown nosing ... [they tool several months to repay loans after I got the boot!]
5. Given guest list of 30-50 for meals/breaks and then last minute got no one.
6. No invites for meals or meetings.
7. August 1982 given 1 week to sell a 2,800 clients accountancy practice, got price agreement with PWC [$980K] but couldn't settle in the one week, of course, so excommunicated for despising the directive .... from JHS via Perth. They tried to grab kids at school but Police guarded all exits for the day. They then gave up as they couldn't get my wife on their side and no point getting kids on their own.
8. Wife became atheist, influenced the 5 kids the same way, and we later divorced.
9. 2009 apology from outside locality [later reversed in locality and area] BDH said it was a peeb v family vendetta and he condemned it. He said my kids were 'saved' ... how would he know? They are all un/non believers, 1 on his 3rd marriage, 3 on their 2nd ... says a lot for peeb influence? I am on my 3rd [ 1- 25 years, 1 20 years, this one for keeps and 5.5 years - as peebs we are really buggered socially and sociologically unless we are very lucky as I now am ... but she is a retired psych!]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am 

Fisherman - et al - re shorts - if God 'takes no pleasure in the legs of a man' as someone put it - why did he create us in his image???? Just askin'. Was it a botched job?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:33 pm 

'just askin'....don't ask, just be 'obediant' ,you know better than that, asking leads to 'natural reasoning ' and natural reasoning leads to 'questioning '...next thing you'll start quoting scripture and we'll have to withdraw from you as a 'wicked person' ...you think God gave you a brain to use or something?...can't have a bunch of little pissants running around asking questions when they should all be 'convicted of the truth' and just 'accept it' and say it 'appeals to one' and fall in line with what is being stressed amongst us this week...