WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 pm 

APPARENTLY BRUCE D. HALES DOESN'T BELIEVE IN SEPARATION !!

The belief that is central to the dreadful Harm and Detriment that has been caused by the EB is SEPARATION. Since 1959 it has been central to their practise. I believed that it was a genuinely held, inviolable principle of EB faith. NOT ANY MORE. Not in the HALES EXCLUSIVE BRETHREN.
On Wednesday 16th of October 2013, at Bruce's request, I had a meeting lasting more than 2 hours with him at his Archway House HQ at 2 Hope St., Ermington NSW. Present were Bruce, Gareth, myself and Mathis Engel a non-EB witness. Bruce reluctantly allowed Mathis to be present after I said I would not proceed otherwise. Bruce was trying to persuade me not to go public with the harm he had caused me.

Bruce offered me a months holiday in America, all expenses paid, in the company of my beloved son Jay and his family. Now, Jay was married first of my five beloved sons, to a lovely girl who is an excellent wife and mother. I was very close to their two beautiful boys , I can hear the oldest calling from his bath "papa, papa".........I miss them so much, sometimes it's almost unbearable. Bruce knew that, that's why he used them as the bait, to try and get me back on his leash. Separation was of no account.

Under Bruce's oversight I have been withdrawn from, labelled as evil, heretical, accused of "breaching trust in my marriage and family", divorced by my wife, driven very close to suicide, prevented from even seeing my grandchildren. To then find that he, the 'Minister of the Lord in the Recovery' is prepared, when it suits him, to completely disregard 'separation' , is unspeakably offensive to all the persons , including myself, to whom he has caused and is causing such suffering by enforcing that same 'separation'.

Signed: Craig C. Stewart.
Witnessed by: Mathis Engel. 5th September 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:17 am 

I have been saying this for years - so it's nice to see that Hales' double standards are confirmed as alive and kicking. Hales has always bent the rules to suit himself- even ignoring the separation issue - which split so many families over decades- because he was the Man of God! McCorkell - his right hand man for a time - enjoyed full and unfettered access to him -they ate and drank together - long before Hales - realising that we had a point, made him join the fellowship. With disastrous results. It was at that point - for me- that the integrity of the Exclusive Brethren was shattered beyond all redemption. You can't have one rule for the masses and one for yourself.

Hales has often used families to bend people to his will - it's an old ploy and one that is hard to resist. I personally know of another example where he did the same thing. To great effect. It's as sneaky as it is nasty. He doesn't care that he is playing with people's emotions. Literally tearing their hearts to shreds. The Hales don't care about stuff like that. Just as long as their own family hangs together.

Well done you Craig for putting up the fight that has been going on here for years and turning, for some - hearsay into reality. He also gave his Brethren dire warnings about attending church - but failed to turn up himself whenever he didn't feel like, preferring to sit at home and work through business dealings and domestic enhancement details and the like. He is full of double standards.

Double standards like computers. Like mobile phones. Like eating with people. Like working weekends. Like expensive cars. All things that destroyed families before this latest Hales got a foothold. Like I said- Hales doesn't care about families. He never did. He doesn't care about the mental health of people they have treated badly. And wrongly. Couldn't give a toss.

When he threw the challenge out of making his dodgy sect more palatable, to the open market of PR men - he started a downhill spiral that will end up in more people like Craig thumping the table for some sort of reasoned response. There's only one problem with that. Well several actually. Hales does not care about your opinion - right or wrong - he believes he is some sort of God who can meter out this sort of inhumanity and he hides behind his worldly advisers as they build his websites and press releases into works of absolute fiction. Pahlease! Families frolicking on beaches, flying kites and doing 'worldly' things. That's what he wants the world to believe is the true and liberal image of Exclusive Brethrenism. The reality is that many families were split and kicked out for doing exactly those things! Their lives wrecked forever. The latest name change is another case in point of shifting the goal posts to confuse the world and its media.

Luckily we have a media that is interested in the inhumanity of this mob and its leader. And they are looking for their next story. Bruce seems to forget that this persistent headache that is worldly attention - will bring them down. Because they cannot rebut what they do and have done. It's like the old adage. If you tell the truth - you don't have to remember what you said. If you do the right thing, you don't have to duck and weave. And you don't need teams of PR men working out ways to make you look good.

Make sure the Charity Commission people hear about your case Craig. It's the only thing he is really, really afraid of. The loss of money. If you want to hurt a Hales - do it through their back pockets. They hate that!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:44 am 

Bruce Hales has no principles. All he is concerned about is maintaining his own position in the hierarchy. Principles are irrelevant.

Since Bruce seized control after his father's death in 2002 he has systematically pursued a ruthless and callous agenda of insisting on subservience to his brand of commercial religion (I'm ashamed to use the word "Christianity"), and he will discard anybody who stands in his way. Although he was only 12 when the "System" collapsed in 1965, he learnt enough about the notorious gestapo tactics from his father and uncle to embrace them with a vengeance as soon as he got the chance.

Any PBCC members who read this post will be forced to excuse Bruce's behaviour on the grounds that the MOG makes no mistakes and that he acts under divine direction. They will declare that if there is any truth in what Craig has posted, Bruce has been misrepresented or his words "taken out of context". This was the well rehearsed stock response to any questions regarding the directions of JHS and JSH when Bruce was conducting the "review" into the myriads of unjust assembly judgments handed down in the previous two regimes.

In contrast, any genuine sympathetic reader will acknowledge that Craig is a man of principle who will not bow to pressure from a dictator who appears to hold all the cards and has just played the trump. Craig is to be respected and admired for holding his ground and not taking the bait, in spite of such overwhelming emotional strain.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:46 am 

I think you'll find all cults have a double standard,one for the leaders and another for the rest of the people.Depending on where you stand in the feeding chain dictates what you can and cannot do.

My take on the brethren is there are a few very smart people and the rest them are programmed to do as they are told,when they are told and how they are told,no questions asked.If you were meant to have a brain,The UBT would have leased one to you...I don't think these poor souls are even capable of thinking for themselves anymore,thinking has been bred out of them..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:15 am 

Your story gives the lie to the EB/PBCC claim that:

- separation is moral not physical
- separation is a family matter/individual matter.

Reality is that any contact is with permission of or by order of Bruce Hales.

I am sure your experience will be well presented to the CC but have you considered giving permission for it to be relayed to the CC in the combined portfolio at ebcompliance@outlook.com? There are a number of people who can vouch for the authenticity of this process.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:59 am 

Wasn't John Gadsden allowed to go to his daughters wedding in California while others were excommunicated for less?

Last edited by PREACHER9 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:54 pm 

Bruce is an opportunist,I doubt he really cares much what happens to the meeting,besides,he already has the brethren's money...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:06 am 

I can certainly vouch for the Questionner's comment re the authenticity of the process he or she describes for reporting to the CC.

Jill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:49 am 

Quote:
On 23/08/2014, St Giles Hobart (Tasmania) hosted an open day for community, public and staff. RRT joined forces with the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and Woolworths to provide food and entertainment to facilitate this event.

https://www.theplymouthbrethren.org/rrt ... -open-day/

Previous leader Jim Taylor Jnr must be turning in his grave at this blatant disobedience to his 'ministry' on charitable giving. Will we see a day when RRT members are actually free to join the Royal Australian Navy?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:19 am 

You might, but they won't be EB by then!