Bloody Hypocrites

Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
The Questioner

Re: Bloody Hypocrites

Post by The Questioner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:54 am

It's one thing for the EB to change their minds about charities. It is difficult for an institution to that and it is normally to their credit when they do.

The problem with the EB was that they denied they had ever disallowed charitable activity.

Charities do, normally, collect money which they the distribute. That is how they work.

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Is genuine charity secular? For instance, if a man is drowning at sea do the RNLI check that he has never been a RNLI member before helping him? Do they ask his religion before launching the boat?

There have been people starving in Africa and Asia for many years. Is there a shred of evidence that the RRT are willing to help them? Many genuine charities do their best in far flung parts of the world, though even some of those are beset by problems caused by abusive personnel within their ranks. As far as I can see, the RRT only operate in and close to areas where members of their own religion live and work and almost without fail employ people of their own religion. Not to do so would cause issues with their own exclusive doctrines re: eating/drinking/communion etc. Do genuine charities turn down assistance offered to them on the grounds of sexuality, skin colour, religion and all the other things it is now illegal to discriminate by?

Senior members of Fire Services within the UK actually believe RRT is part of the Red Cross organisation and don't like it when it is pointed out that they're not. Strange one that, I wonder why?

In giving to the RRT, I see many PBCC members are taking the opportunity to promote their businesses too.

They never miss a trick!

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:26 am

Not only do the PBCC (RRT) never miss a trick, but it doesn't take long either. No sooner have a few lorry loads of hay bales been transported across Australia 'free of charge', than they start dictating government policy!
The Rapid Relief Team have also called on government to improve the states water system and storage for the future
https://twitter.com/Adam_Murray97

With the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church EVERYTHING comes with a price. Whether it's lives lost to suicides, families and marriages broken by it's 'separation from evil' dogma or a simple act of charity. It has already been confirmed by a very recent leaver, that the whole RRT effort has been initiated to improve their poor PR. For me that is the ultimate in hypocrisy and re-affirms the title of this thread

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:10 am

Mr Grimshaw pointed to the appointment of a national administration manager, an increase in the number of events and free meals served, as well as “the management of global branding requirements including an upgrade of our website and online shop”.
RRT focuses on initiatives including homelessness, disability support and natural disaster responses
https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 4zym9.html

Mr Grimshaw, real charity begins at home.

Mr Grimshaw, my ex-PBCC wife is disabled, she has had no support from her PBCC mother and siblings in 30 years. Even the North and South Koreans are enjoying more family contact with each other than Brethren and ex-Brethren do.

Mr Grimshaw, you are all BLOODY HYPOCRITES.

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:26 pm

The PBCC have a neat trick,when they changed their name they pretend that whatever happened in the EB was nothing to do with them ,destroying people’s lives,breaking up marriages and families, cramming ridiculous rules* (ie. men wearing shorts ,using a computer or cellphone) down everybodies throats and deny any responsibility...This is the new and shiny PBCC ,squeaky clean ,really nice guys and anybody daring to suggest otherwise is a ‘very bitter disaffected firmer member’...now,can we move on?

* the list is as extensive as it was utterly rediculous ,like not sharing a sewer pipe with a neighbour!

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Very bitter and disaffected? No, just telling it as it is.

Firmer member? Probably :-)

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:44 pm

My husband and I have regularly given money to charities, both inside and outside our own
trusts and ‘community’; now, to my dismay, I find that our ‘giving’ may not be eligible for
gift-aid on the basis of ‘not being charitable’!
https://www.parliament.uk/documents/com ... v23Jan.pdf

Sometimes the PBCC inadvertently reveal their true agenda. If I give someone a birthday present, why would I expect someone else to chip in and make my gift more generous? A donation of £10 is still useful to the likes of the RNLI, without 25% extra added, so you have to ask why the addition of Gift Aid is so important to the PBCC organisation. Does Gift Aid make their schooling fees cheaper? Does Gift Aid enable PBCC owned companies to sell product at under cost price, undercutting commercial rivals, when their profits are donated to PBCC linked charities?

I think we know the answers to these questions. The Bloody Hypocrites try and make out that the Charity Commission were threatening the continuance of Christian worship in the UK, when in actual fact the PBCC appeared to be panicking at the prospect of life without an added 25%!

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:50 pm

I suggest It’s all about milking the system for everything you can get out of it...any actual benefit to the community seems secondary.....of course,with such a longstanding disgraceful public testimony I wouldn't be surprised to find out if their PR firm told them to lighten up on the ‘let the world look after their own’ rhetoric and try to polish up their public image or they would risk losing their charitable status.

Yesterday about 20 members of our church gathered at my place to prepare a shipping container full of medical supplies we get from Compassionate Warehouse to send to a mission hospital in Zambia where my friend does pro bono surgery ,unpaid on his own nickle ( they celebrated 100 years recently,the EB are really ‘Johnny come lately’ )it wasn’t in the local media, no business’ of church members took out advertising thanking the church, nobody was paid for hundreds of hours of donated time,and nobody wore red shirts,nor do the shipping containers have a corporate logo painted all over it to make sure everybody knows it comes from our church...yeah,funny that...

Note to EB ....do you have any idea how embarrassing the much publicized RRT is to the genuine Christian community who don’t need PR and media coverage to try and convince people they are a ‘Christian church’benefiting tne community?

twotimothytwo

Post by twotimothytwo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:46 pm

The Plymouth Brethren Christian Church Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/PlymouthBrethr ... ianChurch/

'Liking' UNICEF 'For Every Child In Danger'

Meanwhile a PBCC father rapes his own son.

A 12-year-old raped by a senior elder was forced by her PBCC mother to write a letter denying her own allegation.

BLOODY HYPOCRITES

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:15 pm

I note the ‘Daily Devotion’ on the PBCC page....and remember when such ‘daily devotion ‘ calendars ,once common in brethren homes were denounced and banned?...seems they are trying oh so hard to be seen as an ‘ordinary mainstream Christian church’....nice try, but the truth belies their glossy image which appears to be more designed to fool the Charity Commissioners who might be tempted to scratch the whitewash on the sepulchres and discover the skeletons in the closet....
Ever hear the story of ‘Humpty Dumpty who sat on a Great Wall’?..... chap had a bad fall one day...cult leaders tend to do that...especially when the wall( house)is built upon the sand