WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Bloody Hypocrites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:40 pm 

Now we find an EB owned business using all forms of social media ( http://www.lubetech.co.uk/75/social-network-links ) and telling the world how they support the charity UNICEF
Quote:
UNICEF is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realised.

http://www.lubetech.co.uk/41/charitable-support

The following are statements from UNICEF

Quote:
States Parties shall take all appropriate measures to ensure that the child is protected against all forms of
discrimination or punishment on the basis of the status, activities, expressed opinions, or beliefs of the
child’s parents, legal guardians, or family members.

Quote:
States Parties shall respect the right of the child who is separated from one or both parents to maintain
personal relations and direct contact with both parents on a regular basis, except if it is contrary to the
child’s best interests

Quote:
The child shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive
and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the
form of art, or through any other media of the child’s choice.

Quote:
States Parties shall respect the right of the child to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.

Quote:
No child shall be subjected to arbitrary or unlawful interference with his or her privacy, family, home or
correspondence, nor to unlawful attacks on his or her honour and reputation.

Quote:
States Parties recognize the important function performed by the mass media and shall ensure that the
child has access to information and material from a diversity of national and international sources,
especially those aimed at the promotion of his or her social, spiritual and moral well-being and physical
and mental health.

Quote:
States Parties shall take all appropriate legislative, administrative, social and educational measures to
protect the child from all forms of physical or mental violence, injury or abuse, neglect or negligent
treatment, maltreatment or exploitation, including sexual abuse, while in the care of parent(s), legal
guardian(s) or any other person who has the care of the child.

Quote:
Make higher education accessible to all on the basis of capacity by every appropriate means;

Quote:
States Parties agree that the education of the child shall be directed to:
(a) The development of the child’s personality, talents and mental and physical abilities to their fullest potential

Quote:
The preparation of the child for responsible life in a free society, in the spirit of understanding, peace,
tolerance, equality of sexes, and friendship among all peoples, ethnic, national and religious groups and
persons of indigenous origin

http://www.unicef.org.uk/Documents/Publ ... 910web.pdf

I also find it odd that the other charity supported is the RLNI. A superb organisation in it's own right, but strongly supported by a religious organisation that bans it's members from having boats or serving aboard a lifeboat?

Post subject: Re: Bloody Hypocrites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:03 am 

Many will have seen the latest PBCC 'Living our Beliefs' video featuring Consultant Neurosurgeon Ian Pople of Frenchay Hospital, Bristol.

http://www.theplymouthbrethren.org.uk/c ... fs-social/

I took the liberty of contacting Mr Pople, telling him of our experiences of 'family support' ( or lack of it!) within the PBCC, which seemed to be at odds with his own perception of them. He has been good enough to reply to me as follows:-

Quote:
To: electvessel@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: Ian Pople and the Plymouth Brethren
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 21:31:59 +0100

Dear Mr Elliot
Thank you for your message and description of your poor experiences. I'm very sorry if I caused any offence to anyone by offering to appear on the video in this instance, but at the time my perception was that they were offering genuine support to my patient and her family. I am not a member and do not intend to get involved in the future.

Yours sincerely

Ian Pople

I have thanked him for his honesty and assurances.

Bit by bit we are educating people as to the deceitful nature of the PBCC and their doctrines which have caused harm and detriment to many.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:17 pm 

Brilliant work and thanks on behalf of us all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:11 am 

Now who are you going to choose, PBCC or Village People? Included in the RRT's portfolio of Charitable Organisations supported since their 2012 inception we now find YMCA......OK you can stop doing all the hand motions now........yup,' young man are you listening to me'......could come from a good old fashioned EB preaching denouncing such things as sideburns, re-recorded music and pubs couldn't it?!

It is most revealing that the PBCC comment on this included the following
Quote:
it was fantastic to see so many, families, the young and old having fun.

http://www.rapidreliefteam.org/uk-south ... ity-event/

Yes, I agree. It must make a pleasant change from the miserable, depressed people we see in their top of the range VW people carriers breaking the speed limit on their way to church every day. Families too, not mum and the kids and dad's been withdrawn from for something which is now allowable.

Fun and the PBCC just don't seem to sit happily together in the same sentence do they? Not like alcoholism, suicide, law suit and homosexual castration do.

Also supported at this event was http://www.adogslife.ie/ Bloody hypocrites. How many dogs were put down when previous EB leader JT Jnr harshly decreed that pets were not allowed by the religion?

If only they would choose a doctrine and stick to it, we might know where we stand.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:14 pm 

So the harm and detriment caused by the doctrines of the recently renamed PBCC and referred to by the Charity Commission earlier this year are being dismissed by the PBCC as 'historic'?

During the 1980's when I was in my 20's, married, in fellowship and with a sister 10 years older than myself, my parents (together with many other elderly married couples) were disciplined by the EB for fondling each other before they were married in 1946. What was that if not 'historic'?

Do I detect another hint of hypocrisy there?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:50 pm 

twotimothytwo wrote:
So the harm and detriment caused by the doctrines of the recently renamed PBCC and referred to by the Charity Commission earlier this year are being dismissed by the PBCC as 'historic'?

During the 1980's when I was in my 20's, married, in fellowship and with a sister 10 years older than myself, my parents (together with many other elderly married couples) were disciplined by the EB for fondling each other before they were married in 1946. What was that if not 'historic'?

Do I detect another hint of hypocrisy there?

Well, one thing they are certainly competent at, is getting up your nose!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:01 am 

Yes. Were you ever one Preacher9?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 pm 

Quote:
Rapid Response Team

A ministry of crisis trained volunteer chaplains who deploy in the aftermath of a disaster to respond to the emotional and spiritual needs of disaster victims and people in crisis.

Quote:
From the ashes of 9/11, the Rapid Response Team ministry was developed to share Christ in the midst of crisis and disasters. BGEA currently has chaplains in the United States, Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom. These volunteer chaplains are carefully selected and trained to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus Christ and appropriately share God’s hope through the One who “heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3).

http://billygraham.org/what-we-do/evang ... eam/about/

So what do the bloody hypocrites do?

Following investigation by the Charity Commission into the Public Benefit of the recently renamed Plymouth Brethren Christian Church, leaders of the religion agreed to open the doors of their fortress style 'gospel halls' for the occasional hour or two on a Saturday lunch time so that people, both real and imaginary could claim a free bible and a beef burger. This was followed by some freelance tree-felling and snow clearance, before the hierarchy saw the opportunity to make even more money by asking the public to contribute to a trailer based service that apparently tears around various countries following the emergency services to 'incidents' where they then set up camp and provide refreshments for fire fighters and other emergency personnel who, until 2012 must have simply starved to death on call.

We ex-members, who have suffered harm and detriment look on with dismay as rather than compensating us, they expect Joe Public to give THEM money.

https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/rapidreliefteam

I genuinely thank God for people in kosher organisations who do demonstrate the compassion of Jesus Christ. I witnessed precious little of that when I was still a PBCC member all those years ago.

I very much doubt whether Billy Graham's organisation would allow it's members to disrupt others people's funerals or attempt to chemically castrate any gay members.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:03 am 

twotimothytwo wrote:
Yes. Were you ever one Preacher9?

Does 34 years count?

Maybe you should have a good night out at the pub or take your wife away for a long relaxing weekend. This cult and most of its members are not worth the angst you express here, and you will start growing ulcers, have a stroke or/and a heart attack.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:46 am 

And my very best wishes to you too, Sir.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next