WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:06 pm 

I have been asked to post the following info.

Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 47.29 KiB | Viewed 500 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 51.22 KiB | Viewed 500 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:16 pm 

Beg pardon,but isn't that 'evil'? I mean,we withdrew from people for doing things like this ...

Just to refresh my memory, we DID go back and put these things right with these folks for 'faulty local administration' because 'the brethren are always right' didn't we? ( let not the assembly be charged)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:47 am 

Perhaps our brother- Ian McKay could shed a little light on this for us - viz a vis what our previous 'Beloved's' have said about these types of evils.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:34 am 

When one of the Brethren rules is being discarded, there is no explicit announcement of the fact. The pretence continues that nothing has changed and the leaders that invented the rules were in effect divinely inspired. The only thing that changes is that the rule is no longer enforced and gradually the flock discover that they can get away with what was once a capital crime.

At the most you might get a subtle hint in the ministry to the effect that there may be exceptions to the rule. For instance total abstinence from the internet was still being emphasised up until August 2011, but less than a month later there was a hint of an exception.
Quote:
this whole internet system is like a torrent of filth, isn’t it?
. . .
it’s a labyrinth of filth, labyrinth of evil, terrible thing, it’s just a frightening consideration. So that young persons who are prudent should hide themselves from it, abstain from it
BDH Vol. 114 page 128
(Sydney, 20 August 2011)

Quote:
And I thought, If someone needs to find something out, and the only access is through the internet, then you can get access to it.
. . .
As for social interaction with others, well, we talk to our neighbours.
BDH Vol. 115 page 87
(Sydney, 17 September 2011)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 am 

fisherman wrote:
Beg pardon,but isn't that 'evil'? I mean,we withdrew from people for doing things like this ...

Just to refresh my memory, we DID go back and put these things right with these folks for 'faulty local administration' because 'the brethren are always right' didn't we? ( let not the assembly be charged)

Interesting - the 'changes' as Bruce takes specific instructions from Johnny Walker, I mean God.
1. Sharing business premises with worldly people/businesses
2. Holding seminars at worldly sporting venues and attending on Sunday
3. A business providing products for gambling venues
4. Travelling to and staying in countries where the peebs are not e.g. China
5. Legal business partnerships with non peebs
6. Lunch/dinner business meetings in restaurants with non peebs
7. Full utilization of all IT business and social sites
8. Radios no longer removed from vehicles
9. TVs in homes
10. Seaside holiday homes in non peeb locations
11. Holidays in non peeb locations
12. Meeting attendance voluntary including Sunday 6 AM
13. Phones and computers personally purchased outside the UBT system

What have I missed?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:49 am 

I think this list is very interesting, do you have the proof to support the holiday homes and Phones computers personally purchased outside the UBT system. because i was told, if i did not get clear from the non bht computer, i would be shut up for going on with evil.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:36 pm 

Dropping a rule* presents a bit of a challange to the heirarchy,on one hand they enforce rules by claiming 'authoritative ministry' based in JTsr's statement that 'leaders are 'in touch with divine persons' and as such their words are 'authoritative' and that 'none of their words fell to the ground' ...the casual observer would conclude that this means basically carved in stone like the Ten Commandments ,but not being content with the no wriggle room type 'thou shalt not commit adultery' rules,EB 'Men of God(that's a moot point) dreamed up such reduculous edicts like banning eating food 'not prepared with holy hands' ,and brothers smacking each other on the lips in order to comply with 'greet one another with a holy kiss'and a plethora of other equally absurd notions ...which in time were quietly dropped ( JTJr getting off an overseas flight,turning down the plate of sandwiches which a sister rushed out to greet the presumably famished 'Our Beloved' only to be told he had 'ate on the plane' ( drink I'm sure,but eat?)...and so that one bit the dust...not sure on the status of not sharing sewer pipes when the saints visit the toilet -possibly based on the common expletive 'holy ....' ( you can't tell other people we actually fell for this garbage,they look at you funny)

Now this Would create a problem for the people who accorded divine guidance to their leaders,but wait, they have this very convenient 'notwithstanding 'clause that leaves a hole big enough to drive a Mack truck through-the 'current voice of the spirit' (more likely-'spirits') and Voila' now we can enforce a rule one day, even denounce as 'evil' anyone daring to question it, but the next day look at you with a blank stare when you ask 'what happened'?...( EB have this amazing loss of memory-when it's convenient)

But even worse was when someone quietly didn't say 'how high? when told to 'jump' and when later after the rule was dropped,say they were 'in the good of that all along'...which was met with stern recriminstions of ' You went ahead if the Lord'( the best defence is an offense,and the 'heavies' we're not slow to use it) ...now if you were wise, you would not press further for an explanation by asking but what happened to the claim that 'none of his words fell to the ground'?....After all, most of those things were 'just a myth surrounding the brethren'-just ask Daniel Hales when he made a complete ass of himself responding to the media question of 'why do brethren ban garage for openers'?( now you know why EB don't participate in public forums)

The worst of all this was not the brethren being forced to dance like a monkey on a string at the whim of the organ grinder,but the terribly tragedy of losing their marriage, kids, familiy and friends if they DIDN'T.....the irony of all this is the foot soldiers don't HAVE to be whipped around like this,all they have to do is collectively stand up and say NO...

* I have no idea how many 'rules' over the last nearly 60 years have been introduced,enforced as 'authoritative'and then quietly dropped, denied or forgotten -there must be at least 100 of them,some so rediculous it defies comprehension...but equally incomprehensible us why some rules remain,while others 'fell to the ground'...the only common denominator is no victim who fell afoul of them was ever apologised to...even though the brethren carry on doing the SAME thing...using cell phones ,computors and even 'linking on' and eating with unbelievers -if there's a buck in it..you really gotta wonder about the 'divine communications' they claim....

Last edited by fisherman on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:14 pm 

snoopypeeb wrote:
I think this list is very interesting, do you have the proof to support the holiday homes and Phones computers personally purchased outside the UBT system. because i was told, if i did not get clear from the non bht computer, i would be shut up for going on with evil.

Yes - non UBT phones and computers goes back some years and quite common, s must been known but one of those things where nothing happens. I was told about 2nd/Holiday homes earlier this year.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:33 pm 

A sentence struck me in a Guardian article about opposition to changes in the Vatican, published on Friday: "Although Catholic teaching does of course change, it relies for its force on the illusion that it doesn’t. The feet may be dancing under the cassock, but the robe itself must never move." It goes on to say, "However, this also means changes that had taken place can be rolled back without any official movement."

There is something very EB-like in that image, I thought - except, of course, that the very vocal opposition to Papal reforms heard from Catholic cardinals is conspicuously absent among Brethren elders. It leads to some very odd situations. A popular justification when mobile phones were first introduced was that 'John Hales had never ACTUALLY spoken against them' - it was just yet another example of the poor feeble minded Brethren misunderstanding Our Brother. And again : in 2011 there was a public swearing of allegiance to the Letter of May '03 by every householder in every meeting. Every one of them solemnly vowed that they were in agreement with the whole letter, which was read out in full - even the point about mobile phones being the Instrument of the Devil....every one of them had a UBT mobile by this point.

Doublethink is alive and very well among the Brethren!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:34 am 

I had not heard of the 2011 public swearing of allegiance to the Letter of May 2003. What explanation was given for the need to swear allegiance, and pretend to mean it? If they were all at that time breaking the rules set out in the letter, and continued to do so, the swearing of allegiance must have been a very open display of hypocrisy, with everyone knowing that everyone else was lying.