WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:08 am 

I guess we cannot remonstrate with Michael Bachelard when he describes the organisation which took him (and Fairfax) to court as a “Christian-based religious sect” or a “closed Christian group”.

After all, the official name of the plaintiff was the “Plymouth Brethren (Exclusive Brethren) Christian Church Limited” – a company.

But I wince every time the word “Christian” is used in the same breath as this commercial organisation, the actions of which in this very ugly quagmire are un-Christian in the extreme.

I accept that there are probably still some genuine Christians in the rank and file membership, perhaps not completely brainwashed as yet, who in their hearts and in their deepest private thoughts must be appalled (if indeed they know about the case).

Like Michael, I have also been a target of Brethren legal threats, but that was a drop in the bucket compared to what has been thrown at him.

Now the Brethren have apparently appealed the decision of the NSW Supreme Court. That is no surprise. It follows a well-trodden path and they have deep pockets. But if they take on Fairfax/MB again I am certain they will have a fight on their hands. I do not always approve of Fairfax’s political stance on certain issues, but on this one I am 100% behind them.

The Brethren will continue to vilify Michael in any way they can, but his terrier-like dedication in flushing out the truth on this and many other Brethren issues has won wide respect, admiration and appreciation. I know he was deeply affected by the many personal tragic stories provided to him while he was preparing his book. Journalists are often hard-bitten and ruthless characters and keep their emotions well under wraps. I know for a fact that Michael was moved to tears after reading at least one appalling life story.

As for Lloyd Grimshaw……I do not know him. He was not born when I left the EB. However I knew his father, and particularly his grandfather, very well. A T Grimshaw was a man of integrity. I find it hard to believe that he would have approved of his grandson getting involved in such a dreadfully grubby affair.

Bribery to keep quiet has worked for the Brethren in the past, but if the carrot does not work, they use the stick.

On this occasion, the tactic has failed and its exposure has blown the whole organisation wide open. Time will tell on whether they have learnt their lesson or just re-group, paper over the cracks and carry on regardless.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:42 pm 

I'm not in the least surprised at this development,the EB seem to think everybody can be bought with money.The courts tend to take 'witness tampering ' very seriously because to cuts right at the roots of Justice.Mr Bruce just might find the sheriff knocking at his door subpoenaed to appear in court to answer a judges questions,and no, I doubt His Honour will be too impressed ( or swayed) with the 'Divinely Appointed Minister of the Lord in the Recovery' ...all we have to do is give them enough rope and sit back and watch the show...no doubt much fervent prayer ( and appeals for money) will be offered up to thwart the enemy's 'attack' because they are 'faithful' ...the other shoe that could drop would be a civil class action lawsuit for the terrible damage they have inflicted on people lives as they rode roughshod over anybody that stood in their way,and there's a backlog of documented cases going back to 1960,thousands of familes lives impacted ,sacrificed to satiate somebodies ego,under the guise of 'faithfulness' .Nor would I be surprised to see more the sex and abuse cases come to light,these things tend to come to light when one case is successfully prosecuted..could be a landslide,and the poor brethren won't know what hit them,forced to admit that 'such things ARE named amongst us'

If this starts to unravel ( canaries tend to sing when the heat comes on)I wouldn't be surprised to see some questions as to what the source of their money is and what connections there might be ....yup,be interesting to see how this plays out....enough material for a book'the Rise and Fall of the Commercial System in the Assembly' LTD,est. 1965

But what a blight on the Christian testimony....an utter disgrace to see the lords name attached to this

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:50 pm 

Fisherman...
Quote:
But what a blight on the Christian testimony....an utter disgrace to see the lords name attached to this

Never a truer word spoken!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:05 am 

The overarching question here is why - why would a 'church' pay the best part of a million dollars to someone to shut up about what they know? Churches are supposed to be beyond reproach are they not? What were they hoping to cover up? What had they done that required such extreme monetary countermeasures?

Why can't they be honest and just say? If they screwed up - as any of their victims will attest they did - why not just admit it and come clean? Would it not have been better to give the known victims of child abuse cases in the PBCC/EB some compensation - instead of paying off a flashy PR consultant? If they are honest people - why would they resort to this sort of underhand skulduggery when they could have been seen to be doing the right thing?

Anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:18 am 

Wow! While I am not shocked or surprised that a certain portly paranoid perverted pratt has finally been busted, I would love to see him in the dock and exposed for who he truly is. Maybe, maybe it would jolt the poor deluded followers to wake up and see their leader for what he truly is.

Maybe he will try and bribe the lot of us! Me first please...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:24 am 

Even if the lid is blown right off,I'm not holding my breath that the brethren would finally get their eyes opened, a few maybe but the most of them would probably swallow the 'attack' story... Warren Jegffs is in jail,convicted of being an accessory to rape of a minor,and STILL most of his flock 'adore' him ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:00 am 

This is wickedness of a kind that " the world " calls wicked - see 1 Corinthians 5. Tony knew what he was doing was wrong and confessed it , but the real " criminals " who orchestrated this sordid , corrupt behaviour are Hales et al , Grimshaw , McNaughton etc. I trace this slippery slope of godless behaviour to the time when many of us swore unconditional loyalty to a man - a corrupt man - but a mere man , and not to our Lord and Saviour , Jesus Christ.

This has nothing to do with Christianity. What does it profit a man if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his soul. Souls are at stake here. Eternity where.? You think you have got away with this. OH NO.!! How will you explain before a thrice Holy God. This is when , Bruce , you will be as nothing , laid bare and prostrated before Him who will demand the last cent. REPENT.

Dear Brethren - repent of this evil. For once , practice separation as God meant it , and withdraw yourselves from this iniquity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 am 

Sheeesh! Who would have thought that our Arfur was a pulpit man! Well said Arfur! I could not agree more. I'm thinking that another man might be having the same thought at the moment. Our man 'sarf' of the border - one Mister Gadsden.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:26 am 

Abishag asks an important question. Why did the Brethren think McCorkell’s silence was worth the best part of a million dollars? Was it a calculated investment, likely to protect the Brethren’s business empire and thereby more than pay for itself, or was it an incompetent impetuous unprincipled blunder?

I see history repeating itself. The Roman Catholic Church was at this stage years ago, trying to cover up misdeeds by committing even worse misdeeds. That is a dangerous spiral on which to embark. Its ultimate result is that a church could evolve into a criminal organisation. The Church of Scientology has gone well down that road, and Exclusive Brethrenism is not far behind them. They rejoice at the death of Steve Jobs. They pray for the death (or the “removal”) of people like Michael Bachelard, Richard Stay, Laurie Moffitt, Tony McCorkell and Chief Justice Alastair Nicholson. When the Lord will not do their dirty work for them, how long will it be before they hire a hitman instead?

Of course, most of the leaders did not actually believe the Lord would act as their hitman. The real purpose of these special prayer meetings was probably to spread among the flock a hatred and a death wish, and to make them think such sentiments are respectable. They are not respectable. They are as un-Christian as you can get. They may even be criminal.

When the Roman Catholic hierarchy (and several other church hierarchies) tried to cover up the crimes of their priests, it bought them some time, but it meant that the final exposure was much worse. When the sexual abuse scandal came to light it disgusted some of the church members, and they voted with their feet, but that was nothing compared with the number who followed them when the cover-up attempts were exposed.

So maybe something good will come out of all this. Maybe many souls presently trapped in Exclusive Brethrenism will have their eyes opened and see the system for what it is. The truth has a habit of coming out, and it has a habit of making people free.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:10 pm 

Once the cracks start to appear,the dam begins to burst...and there's a lot of water behind this dam,and when the water goes out,the rocks begin to show up

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next