WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm 

Viewing another episode of A&Es expose' on Scientology last night ,I was struck by the SAME tactics. THEY use when confronted with the lies and disception common to all cults,rather than dealing with it face on,they IMMEDIATELY tried to dig up some 'crimes' they said the whistleblower was hiding...remember the SMEAR TACTICS and innuendoes brethren used to try and discredit anyone holding them to account? ( my friend said during a custody battle ( he just wanted to see his kids) the brethren even BROKE into his house,trying to find ANYTHING they could use against him...and later when that brother himself fell afoul of the heirarchy, ADMITTED his part in the ILLEGAL break in.They also LIED UNDER OATH in the court room....nice guys they AREN'T)

Scientology-Exclusive Brethren....not much to choose from ,or diferentuate between either cult...diferent name SAME game...(including being unmasked...despite their claim ' we welcome scrutiny' - they HATE it )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:10 am 

I saw an episode of 'Dr Phil' yesterday which was an expose of the Amish. So similar again, with shunning and people shunned for not shunning people who were shunned. And men raping 5 year old girls being shunned for two weeks and then confessing and being forgiven and taken back into the church ready to do it all over again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:06 am 

And they all 'hold the truth'...I just wish the brethren would watch these documentries on cults,they might recognise the similarities

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:16 pm 

There is another series of documentries running right now 'ESCAPING POLIGAMY' ,involving the FLDS church ( Fundamental Latter Day Saints who are to the mainstream mormon Church what the EB are to the brethren movement ) and while not Scientology, the basic concepts of brainwashing ,indoctrination and harsh enforcement of separation are virtually identical ,as they also are of the EB/PBCC.All of these cults have more in common with each other than they don't,the doctrines may vary,but the basic psychology and modus operandi is the same,they all stress unquestioning ' Obedience'.

There have been a couple of books written about them ' When Men become Gods'(Stephen Singular) and 'Secret Lives of the Saints' (Daphne Bramham ) ...I picked them up and couldn't put them down,runs the hair up on your neck they were SO CLOSE to what we experianced...

When you watch all of these episodes, what strikes you is how CLOSE they are to what we came out if...the SAME psychology is evident in ALL of these abberent 'religeons' that claim some 'special revelation' and run by a 'Divinely Appointed ' leader( the 'One Man Ministry is NOT limited to the EB,it is COMMON to ALL of these cults) 'Obedience' features prominently in all of them...as does subjugation of women whose clearly defined role is to remain in the home, breed and be available( birth control is a 'sin' and large familes are the rule,not the exception) ...an education beyond the basics is not required ,nor even allowed....funny,even the way the women( but not the men) DRESS and wear their HAIR is the SAME as brethren

Another thing I identified with both of these series on cults -Scientology and the FLDS, was how deeply indoctrinated cult members were, knowing virtually nothing about people outside,with no life experiance were either paranoid about everything ,or extremely naive and unable to protect themselves. Deprograming is not accomplished overnight.Mentors who have been there themselves are invaluable

ps....the courts have been after these guys for a while but they've always been able to get out of by hiring the best lawyers and playing the 'freedom of religeon ' card ,but recently two members of a local chapter of the FLDS here were CONVICTED of illegally taking a 13 year old girl across the border for a 'celestial ' wedding to join the harem of a senior member of the Church...their defence was 'God told them to' ...the court begged to differ....seems the 'world' is catching up to these cults .....it's the 'attack' of course- they all bleat about how their 'religious freedom'and their 'rights' is being 'violated' but not a word about what they do to OTHER people...

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:22 pm 

A&E just confirmed a summer season featuring Leah Remini's expose' on Scientology....the show featured interviews with ex Scientologists who were victimized by the church( if it sounds familiar,it is,virtually the SAME stories of ruined lives by the EB who operate much the same,steam rollering anybody who DARES to stand up to them...)

Of course the Scientology church denounces the expose' as ' all lies' and says the people who told their stories are ' very bitter ' apostates.....now WHY does THAT ring a bell? ....Same game,diferent name,it is about the Scientology 'church' but it could have been the EB....funny how these repressive cults don't like it when the tables get turned and THEY are put in the spotlight....

Over 50,000 views.....could the saints be checking it out?...never mind this thread, I hope they are viewing the actual documentry....

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:49 am 

The summer season 'the Aftermath' of the expose' on Scientology is now being shown by A&E. I guarantee you won't be able to stop watching it...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:24 am 

Update on Leah Remini's expose' on the Scientology church...Leah Remini continues to document victims stories which are remarkably similar to the victims of the EB.Her earlier work only exposed the tip of the iceberg and she vows to go after the Scientology church seeking justice for these people who up until now had nobody to tell their stories to....Hopefuly as this gains attention somebody will see the similarities between the EB and the Scientology church,same game diferent name...nothing lowering the radar these cults brag they fly under....kinda drags them out and puts them under the spotlight

When asked 'what can ordinary people do',Leah Remini replied' keep it front and center at every opportunity you have' ....eventually SOMEBODY is going to take notice....and since this thread has already had over 50,700 views, somebody is reading it...I only hope some of the EB watched some of the episodes on A&E and recognized the similarities between their cult and the Scientology cult...it's probably more than we could hope for,but a series on SIMILAR cults would be very useful,pointing out that most of these cults share more than they differ on...same psychology,same tactics,same repressive control,same adulation for their leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:06 pm 

From last nights episode...the Scientology church justifys all manner of abusive tactics against anybody who dares to question them on the grounds it is for your 'help' because THEY are 'right' and YOU are 'wrong'...this is called 'Fair Play'-even if it involves lying, harassing people,and cutting them off from their friends and family.......and whenever an documented EVIDENCE is attempted to be distributed by ex members the church immediately sends out warnings 'not to open it and the well developed smear tactics kick in to discredit the person ....the 'Church' must be protected,at ALL costs...

Now WHY does this all sound so FAMILIAR? I strongly suggest EVERYBODY ever connected still in or out of the EB to WATCH THIS SERIES on Scientology...perhaps the best thing about it is because it's not about the Exclusive Brethren there is no emotional connection which allows people to come to their own rational conclusions about what the EB really are...and no, it's NOT about being 'faithful' or even 'separate' from the 'world' ( no Christ of the gospels ever acted the way the brethren do)

They also emphacised how important it was for people leaving the Scientology church to have 'support' groups...mainly because nobody else understands what it's like to be in a cult..Amen to that...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:05 am 

From tonight's episode on 'the aftermath' of the expose' on Scientology.....' The thing people can't understand is the fear associated with Scientology,the fear you would be found out, the fear that knowing you can't go 'outside' for help,especialy depression,because Scientology has the answer for everything...oh.yes, we DO understand,only too well...I remember sitting in meeting with my knees literally knocking together,the feeling of helplessness, being trapped with nobody to turn to and nowhere to go,exactly where the EB leaders wanted us to be.....what an unchristlike attitude....I only wish my brethren 'in system' ( that would be the EB 'system') could understand there ARE people to turn to and there ARE places to go....

....could it be with over 51,000 views of this thread the saints ARE checking up on the A&E expose' of Scientology.....and connecting the dots?...I only hope so....its unmistakeable,like looking in a mirror and recognizing yourself.. .... curiously enough the response (the Big Bad Wolf 'I'll huff and puff,and I'll blow your house down ,smearing,discrediting,intimidation) by the Scientology church reads like the EB script whenever THEY are exposed....funny that,isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 pm 

Excerpt from a recent episode -'They claim they 'seek the truth',but in fact deny it because the 'truth' knocks the props out from under their claims ....sound like the EB?...fits them to a 'T'.
I challange ANYBODY to look at the program and NOT make the connection...

Adding credence to this program ,even though the Scientology church attempts to discredit it is EACH and EVERY person involved in this expose' was BORN and BROUGHT UP in the Scientology church and at one time strong supporters...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next