WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:07 am 

That is very deep Beloved BA... very deep. The thing is you are quite right, but you see, you have to understand that we see everything through a 2 Timothy 2 perspective you would have to agree.
Gee, does that make you cringe!

Apologies - just couldn't resist as our past among peebs warps all simplicity as to the basic issue you quite rightly explain.

The fact is we are all skewed when it comes to equal rights and in the words of our brother George Orwell...“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

I have a good friend who is gay, and desperately wants to be married to his partner, and what gives me the right to 'judge' - let 'em be and if they get married what harm is it going to do to me?

Well constructed argument Mr BA... you can move up to the front row if you can get the mic off Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:28 am 

I still hear good advice ringing in my ears: If you don't agree with same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex. Simple.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:44 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:51 am 

Having a view that as marriage is wrong is, IMO, a legitimate point of view. However, to then say it should not be allowed is, despite the claims of those who disagree with it, imposing my views on others.

You cannot both claim to be pro-other people's right to views and vote against s-s marriage at the same time. The act of banning it means one side is imposing its views.

The rights of those who object are only infringed if s-s marriage is imposed on them. People are free to marry heterosexually.

Meanwhile, I will condemn homosexuality as loudly and frequently as Jesus Christ did.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:27 pm 

Research at Stanford University by Michal Kosinski and Yilun Wang has shown that their computer can infer sexual orientation by analysing photos of people’s faces. The researchers suggest the software does this by picking up on subtle differences in facial structure.

The researchers’ program, details of which are soon to be published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, relied on 130,741 images of 36,630 men and 170,360 images of 38,593 women downloaded from a popular American dating Website.

When shown one photo each of a gay and straight man, both chosen at random, the model distinguished between them correctly 81% of the time. When shown five photos of each man, it attributed sexuality correctly 91% of the time. The model performed worse with women, telling gay and straight apart with 71% accuracy after looking at one photo, and 83% accuracy after five. In both cases the computer performed far better than humans in making this distinction.

Dr Kosinski and Mr Wang offer a possible explanation for their model’s performance. As fetuses develop in the womb, they are exposed to various levels of hormones, in particular testosterone. These are known to play a role in developing facial structures, and may similarly be involved in determining sexuality.

The program was found to pay most attention to the nose, eyes, eyebrows, cheeks, hairline and chin for determining male sexuality; the nose, mouth corners, hair and neckline were more important for women.

This research provides further support for the belief that a person’s sexual orientation is in some way constitutional, probably innate, not simply a lifestyle choice as some people emphatically assert. It thus reinforces the same conclusion previously drawn from genetic studies and from anatomical studies of the brain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm 

Coalition for Marriage.

See c4m.org.uk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 am 

The Questioner wrote:
Having a view that as marriage is wrong is, IMO, a legitimate point of view. However, to then say it should not be allowed is, despite the claims of those who disagree with it, imposing my views on others.

You cannot both claim to be pro-other people's right to views and vote against s-s marriage at the same time. The act of banning it means one side is imposing its views.

The rights of those who object are only infringed if s-s marriage is imposed on them. People are free to marry heterosexually.

Meanwhile, I will condemn homosexuality as loudly and frequently as Jesus Christ did.

IMPOSING VIEWS is what is annoying me. Even our national football league has changed their logo with 'VOTE YES' along with our major airline, banks, supermarkets etc and if you comment adversely or don't publicly support the YES [to marriage 'equality'] you are presumed to be against it, if you put a logo on your business 'VOTE NO', if you make any comment in the NO flavour, then all hell breaks loose, you are likely to be sacked from your job, and if a professional person likely to be reported as 'unfit' to your registration board.

Religious freedom may be protected but if you are no a church or religious institution, such as a baker, a photographer, private school you cannot exercise the right to either express or prefer your views.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11