Dave Sharples

Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
fisherman

Dave Sharples

Post by fisherman » Sat May 20, 2017 3:15 pm

My very good friend ,and brother in the Lord , Dave Sharples died this week.He was from Brisbane ,left the EB many years ago and moved to Moloolaba ,successfully transitioned out of the EB and was an active member of the Uniting Church where he wrote the weekly church bulletin

We initially met through Dick Wymans website,and he and his wife Glenys stayed with us on their trip to Canada and we with them on out visit to Australia.This was the beginning of a long friendship as we stayed in touch,through Skype and e mail ,sharing our faith,values and personal interests

Dave was president of the glider pilot association and successfully re engineered and installed a GMC 350 engine in a Piper Pawnee for a tow plane. He arranged a glider flight for me at the club,making our visit memorable.Ngaire Thomas took us on to Bundaberg where we met more ex EB friends.

I will miss Dave ,he was a good friend,and meeting him as many others was one of the benefits of these ex EB websites.Possably the best thing we took with us from the EB was hospitality and our shared background gave us an understanding of our history and a common bond that only those who were there can understand .My life us richer for it.
Go in peace my friend,we shall talk again...

PeterF

Re: Dave Sharples

Post by PeterF » Sat May 20, 2017 10:54 pm

We shall talk again ... mother and father reunited ... in heaven with the angels ... if one remarries then who shall be the spouse? ... and on and on.

So how will you know him? How will you find him amongst the millions? How sure are you about the reality of the hereafter? If there are 'many mansions' wiĺl tgrre be sn expeebs one? When the cult apologised to ne in 2009, they made it clear that although seriously wronged, l wont be in the Peebs quarter but there will be a special place for wrongly excommunicated peebs, JSH will see to that as he will be sharing the great white throne with whoever. Interesting as he surpasses all prior Grand Pooh Bar peebs ...

PosterChild

Post by PosterChild » Sun May 21, 2017 6:23 pm

PeterF wrote:
JSH will see to that as he will be sharing the great white throne with whoever. Interesting as he surpasses all prior Grand Pooh Bar peebs ...
Perhaps there will be a little confusion at judgement day. I didn't know it had been said of JSH that he will be on the panel of judges. Were they bold enough to print that error? ... I don't think this is a new idea amongst brethren though. Wasn't something similar said of Raven and Darby by one of the Taylor's? I have a vague memory of one of my locals saying something about Raven judging the saints.

Mormans allegedly believe something of the sort as well... The below is a quote I found online somewhere --- probably Brigham Young babbling away there.

"a matter of deep regret to them—namely, that no man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith. "

Gal 5.1

Post by Gal 5.1 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Peter F asks how Fisherman will recognise his friend in heaven.
When three of the disciples accompanied Jesus to the Mount of Transfiguration the disciples were able to identify Moses and Elijah in their glorified bodies.(see Matthew 17 verses 3 and 4).
After Jesus rose from the dead he was recognised by the disciples in his glorified body (see John 20 verse 16 and john 21 verse 12).
In 1 John 3 verse 2 it tells us that (in heaven) we shall be like Christ for we shall see Him as He is.
Our primary occupation in heaven will surely be enjoying the presence of God and worshipping Him but it would seem from the scriptures mentioned that we will recognise others even those we have not seen on earth.
I prefer to rely on what the bible says rather than on the rather silly comments of members of the Exclusive Brethren which have no basis in scripture.

PosterChild

Post by PosterChild » Mon May 22, 2017 4:45 am

Ask a child if you dare!

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.
The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.
The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.
The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah."
The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"
The little girl replied, "Then you ask him"

son of peter

Post by son of peter » Mon May 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Getting back to the original subject, Dave Sharples certainly was very active in the Australian gliding community.

As Blub Fisherman mentioned, he turned a car engine into a glider tug engine - no mean engineering feat at all.

The engine now resides in the Gliding Museum - located at the Bacchus March airfield on the western outskirts of Melbourne.

https://australianglidingmuseum.org.au/ ... ers/24.pdf

I've taken the liberty of informing certain clubs of David's passing.

RIP David.