WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 am 
Site Admin

Here are the rules, just be nice :-)

No Spam / Advertising: Advertising of any commercial product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited.

Flaming: Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Use common sense while posting.

Offensive Content: Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense. We want to show this website to our mums.

Cross-posting: Posting a thread in more than one forum is annoying and thus not allowed. Just post it once in the correct place.

Copyright and ownership: Comments & forum messages are owned by the poster.

Don’t be a pain in the ass: Or we’ll add some really embarrassing music to your profile and email all your friends.

No, really…

Any penalties for the above rules are at the moderation team’s discretion. People have been banned(username/IP range) from the site in the past for causing trouble in the forums.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:03 pm 

I fully support moderators having full discretion (and at times using a heavy hand) to moderate posts. I have had mine edited/deleted on peebs.net and never took serious offense. It is the admins choice to keep them clean.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 am 

Moderation is a skill, not a mad 'button pushing hit delete and ban' exercise.
There are other ways to skin a pig.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:11 am 

In the orange box at the top of every forum page it says, among other things, “There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed.” I suggest the rule should be modified to say, “Do not copy material that you find here for use elsewhere without the author’s permission.”

If it is OK by the author, it should be OK by us all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am 
Site Admin

And if the author has passed away, or no longer has access to the forum? How long is acceptable to expect an answer to republish their content? If the author is contacted directly and provides approval to have said information publicly shared, I have no problem. What I don't want is whole conversation strings being used in law or elsewhere and for this we have to ask, no copying.