Welcome to WikiPeebia's new forums.

Welcome to WikiPeebia's new Forums!
Forum rules
Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum
Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WikiPeebia's new forums.

Post by Admin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 am

Here are the rules, just be nice :-)

No Spam / Advertising: Advertising of any commercial product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited.

Flaming: Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Use common sense while posting.

Offensive Content: Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense. We want to show this website to our mums.

Cross-posting: Posting a thread in more than one forum is annoying and thus not allowed. Just post it once in the correct place.

Copyright and ownership: Comments & forum messages are owned by the poster.

Don’t be a pain in the ass: Or we’ll add some really embarrassing music to your profile and email all your friends.

No, really…

Any penalties for the above rules are at the moderation team’s discretion. People have been banned(username/IP range) from the site in the past for causing trouble in the forums.
Think outside of the box, create your own path in life. “You laugh at me because I am different; I laugh because you are all the same.”
~ Daniel Knode

Flags

Re: Welcome to WikiPeebia's new forums.

Post by Flags » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:03 pm

I fully support moderators having full discretion (and at times using a heavy hand) to moderate posts. I have had mine edited/deleted on peebs.net and never took serious offense. It is the admins choice to keep them clean.

Front Row 3

Post by Front Row 3 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 am

Moderation is a skill, not a mad 'button pushing hit delete and ban' exercise.
There are other ways to skin a pig.

Ian McKay

Post by Ian McKay » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:11 am

In the orange box at the top of every forum page it says, among other things, “There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed.” I suggest the rule should be modified to say, “Do not copy material that you find here for use elsewhere without the author’s permission.”

If it is OK by the author, it should be OK by us all.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

And if the author has passed away, or no longer has access to the forum? How long is acceptable to expect an answer to republish their content? If the author is contacted directly and provides approval to have said information publicly shared, I have no problem. What I don't want is whole conversation strings being used in law or elsewhere and for this we have to ask, no copying.
Think outside of the box, create your own path in life. “You laugh at me because I am different; I laugh because you are all the same.”
~ Daniel Knode

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:25 pm

How do you delete private messages?-seems like our site has been hacked and other people can view our PMs.Today I see I am logged in as another poster...

The Erect Vessel

Post by The Erect Vessel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 pm

Bottom right and mark all messages then click on the box and 'delete all messages', click and a dialogue box pops up are you sure you want to delete all messages.
Both myself and others have the same problem at the moment. The site is coming up as Not secure in my browser, so take extreme care at this moment until Admin sort out this serious hack

The Questioner

Post by The Questioner » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Looks like you've already been hacked.