WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Unsure of date of leaving, but he did leave behind a wife and 3 children.

I think it was 2005 he was living somewhere like Tocumwal, near Albury. He was being visited by the Albury EB, something to do with the Review and they had told him that he could come back but kept delaying (from what I understand).

He could apparently take their delaying tactics no longer and so drove himself to the work premises of one his priests and gassed himself. He was buried by the EB.

I did hear that he was unwell, but don't know exactly what was wrong. I think he had re-married and had at least one child with the 2nd wife. But whenever he was spoken about he was painted as a waste of space and loser etc, typical EB behavior.

Quote:
I am doing some work on a recent suicide in Albury.

A man by the name of Ken Rogers left the Exclusive Brethren in the 1970’s. He left his wife and three children after his excommunication from the Melbourne chapter of the Exclusive Brethren. He wandered aimlessly around for a while. He took up yachting but lost everything when his yacht capsized. He moved to Albury, as part of his itinerant lifestyle and for a time lived there whilst suffering from some severe mental illness.

Then came the Bruce Hales inspired “Review” and contact was made with the Exclusive Brethren again.

Although he was a person at severe risk of taking his own life, of which the Exclusive Brethren saw first hand accounts of [trying to take his own life], they continued to deny him his wish, to be reunited 35 years later, with his family.

Graeme Sealey, an Albury, Exclusive Brethren leader and my former father in law, had known Ken Rogers, from their Melbourne days and was assigned the job of investigating his suitability for re-entry into the EB’s. One of the sticking points in his re-entry was that Ken, already in an increasing state of depression, was told that he would have to get rid of his big, white Alaskan husky dog.

Two years ago, in 2005, Ken drove to Graeme Sealey’s workplace, parked in the Hume Ex [Suppliers of Exhaust pipes] carpark in Lavington on the outskirts of Albury, placed a pipe to his car’s exhaust pipe and killed himself. Ken Rogers would be in his 60’s.

The Albury police have knowledge of this now and senior, well respected town folk are following up on this tragic story.

Quote:
Kenneth Irwin Rogers took his own life on the 19th of Sepember 2004 at the workplace of one of the Albury EB leadership, Graeme Sealey.

He was buried secretly by the Exclusive Brethren on the 23rd of September 2004 in Section 10 K 43, at the Albury Lawn Cemetry.

His body, still lies in an unmarked grave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:13 pm 

Was there an inquest, and if not, why not? Can any locals follow this up - I can't find anything doing an internet search.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:00 pm 

What did Graham do for his father, and was it true he was left psychologically to rot in a garage, such an eminent man among his own peers, and from my experience a Christ like man etched into my memory? If I did that and if this was true, one would commit honorable suicide. I hope this never happened, just another bad rumor. And if not, you could ask, do these people have a conscience?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:42 pm 

What authority has BDH have to refuse a persons desire to break bread?
Luke 22:19 is an instruction direct from the Lord himself
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

So Ken Rogers was refused permission to break bread because he had a dog.

What then happens to all the sheep breeders, particularly those in Australia & N.Zealand, and there were many who had several sheep dogs that were necessary to do the job.? Were all those years of breaking bread by the Shepherds of that era not authentic ? Or has the Lord turned another corner just to suit BDH's ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:19 am 

Mr. Tailor wrote:
What did Graham do for his father, and was it true he was left psychologically to rot in a garage, such an eminent man among his own peers, and from my experience a Christ like man etched into my memory? If I did that and if this was true, one would commit honorable suicide. I hope this never happened, just another bad rumor. And if not, you could ask, do these people have a conscience?

The report about Vernon is true. How could his wife let that happen? A lovely man and a converted Jew I believe. Again it depends where you are as to how you are treated. It is like there are several fellowships in the peebs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:03 am 

Quote:
It is like there are several fellowships in the peebs.

These different fellowships are determined by (1) Your relationship to the Hales families and (2) the size of the bank account.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:22 pm 

I understand that that third and lowest form of fellowship is bestowed on those who have family 'out' and who actively oppose the PBCC.
How you can be held responsible for people you may not have even seen for 30 years, beats me. I just wish those who suffer under this Hales regime would see the light and opt out.

Without JT Jnr's alcoholism this whole era may not have happened. There would have been no opportunity to grab power in the mid '60's and they would have remained the wannabe successful business people they always were. Genuinely talented business people can build an empire without resorting to milking a captive audience. I pity them. The Hales will forever continue to live in the shadow of the Gadsdens and other wealthy dynasties who made their own money by more conventional means.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:43 pm 

Garfield wrote:
Quote:
It is like there are several fellowships in the peebs.

These different fellowships are determined by (1) Your relationship to the Hales families and (2) the size of the bank account.

Not necessarily so as it differs geographically e.g. Melbourne and Sydney have very different rules and degrees of policing.