WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:14 am 

I know BA I know, just working out how to make money out of it. Bit like Twitter really just need to get a momentum going first see.

Has anyone got a good name for my new religion? Would we have to go deeper do you feel? The matter of a brand and branding comes to mind and wonder what The Lord would point up in that connection in a federal sense speaking reverently as it were so to speak, not That I can say much as we are after all in a broken day mm... or would there be a link somewhere?...just inquiring for help on behoof of the young amongst us...very important cough.

To start things off could we maybe call it The Very True Original Plymouth Brethren's Charitable Chri$tian Church as The Ones Holding The Truth In a Broken Day, or is that too much of a mouthful?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:48 pm 

Uh, you know we don't take a name, blub Rect vessel , we've always been taught that, although the 'world' called us 'PB#4' and everybody ( but JND) said we were 'The Church' ,maybe you could just cut to the chase and just call it ' The Office' since the 'PTL' ( Pass The Loot) was taken,I think their 'Universal Leader' had an 'ambush' and ended up in the crow bar motel .....but reguardless ,you'll have to have a 'Business Team' of course, can't run a Commercial System in the Assembly without one,I mean if it's not all about making money, then what's church all about anyway?...how about the BNBT? ( 'Brown Nosers Business Team')

Just a little house keeping matter....since we 'follow Paul' ,would a business degree be adequite quaiifications for eldership in your church,?( see , one would want to be 'in line' with what is being currently stressed amongst us) ...and by the way, what do you drink?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 am 

On the matter of PB#4 (or is it an issue?) who were PB#1, PB#2 and PB#3?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 am 

Maybe blub Rect Vessel will be known as # 5 for 'tax purposes'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 am 

Aren't the PB # 1,2,3,4 a government designation? Census bureau or something I think. 1,2,and 3 would be groups historically closer to the true lineage according to government reckoning. In other words #4 are as far away from the one true lineage as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 am 

The classification of Brethren into four groups denoted by Roman numerals started in 1890 with the US Census of Religious Bodies, but it is now obsolete because some of them have split many times since then, some have partly merged, and none is quite like it was then. There were similar censuses in 1906, 1916 and 1926, when the classification had expanded to six groups. You can read a description of the various groups and estimates of their membership size in the document at https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=zo_ ... &q&f=false

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:42 pm 

I find it all quite mind boggling to trace these various schisms and splits of brethren ( further complicated by reverse splits) to discern who was 'holding the truth' and who ' went astray'( they're all 'heretics' and 'apostate' ) if one even wanted to take the time, I gave up on the quest of being in the 'the golden line' a long time ago ,content to 'care for the widows and orphans and be a father to the fatherless' .Let those so inclined stake out a bit of turf in the 'fields white to harvest' ,erect a picket fence and spend all their time keeping it in good repair and whitewashed....but 'each to their own' ,that's just not mine...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:54 am 

Sadly I don't find this exclusive to brethren but to churches in general.

When I moved across the world to make a fresh start my mother said "You have my blessing (not that I needed it) as long as you join up with another group of Christians."

I tried a few - Baptists and others. One by one they said "You've been coming for a while - have you thought about membership?" or "You've been coming for a while, we'd like you to come to our business meetings - this week some young people are to be judged for going away together without priestly approval". I'd seen it all before (one thing I have to be grateful to the brethren for?) Now it has to be a christening, a wedding or a funeral, or you won't find me in a church. It's not for me, but you go for it by all means.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:10 pm 

Unfortionately what we thought was'church' ( it was really a ' cult' by definition) to many of us has left a very bitter taste in our mouth, and for very good reason..the politics and one upmanship and blatant hypocricy,fear was a very real part of it and the feeling of hopelessness that there was no other alternative( there was but we didn't know it,and ' separation' kept us from finding out and harsh reprisals for anyone who did) .NONE of which was part of what Christ taught ,indeed his anger was directed not at the sinners and social outcasts, but the 'religeos' people who CLAIMED to be 'faithful' but in reality took advantage of others,and earned Christ condemnation for it .The EB are a fine example of the aforesaid ....but even so,there were a lot of fine,caring hospitable people there who were good role models in spite of the restrictions of the church that limited them to 'those with us'

But reguardless of our personal experiances a functioning 'church' is more of a 'family' than an institution.It is made up of people from all walks of life,ages and experiances.' Bear one another's burdens' is not some homily delivered from the pulpit but an admonition to be taken practically and seriously.The church that I happen to attend now is probably more remnicent of the 'brethren' my mother grew up in than the characature of the church they became by the 1960s and onwards. It has families with young children,struggling to provide a home ,people coping with teenagers exercising their new found independence,we've been through that and can offer some perspective ,and older folks facing the inevitable reality of illnesses and loss of spouse,we haven't faced that yet. But one of my friends I went to church with for over 30 years died this spring, he was younger than I am and his widow will now need the support they gave to so many others.We support each other, what I give today, I will need myself tomorrow. My mother died last fall and I felt supported by my 'church family' .This week one young chap is coping with the serious cancer surgery his mother had, recognizing it's probably terminal ....his father was an old school friend of mine, but the fact he doesn't attend any church makes no diferance to me,he is my friend

The ' glue ' that holds us together is our shared faith and recognition of the challanges of life we all share...that is why I go to church, but I make no distinction on what church people attend,they go where they feel most comfortable and while I will visit but not feel any obligation to 'join'. That said , I probably have more friends who don't go to any church nor share my beliefs but they are people I share my values and identify with common circumstances.Some people find this social interaction by joining service clubs or special interest groups ,I happen to find it at church. Each to their own. The only people I don't have the time of day for is selfish people or those who impose their own artificial religeos dogma on ,or take advantage of others ...been there ,done that,miss it like a toothache