WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:36 am 

I went to 'My Brethren' once! Once was one time too many!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:52 am 

'One of the most depressing thing I have ever read'...This is so true...but at the time we were embroiled in it ,totally concerned with the 'issues' but never stopping to consider what we really SHOULD have been doing,emulating the life and teachings of Christ( that never came up,we were always 'defending the Lords rights') proving how immersed we were in the 'system' ,we had no contact with other believers,( they had all 'gone astray',while we 'held the truth' and had the 'light') it was all we ever knew...

Matthew 23:23 covers it succinctly,'concerned with the minute details of the law, but totally overlooking the greater issues,judgement, mercy and faith ' and that pretty much sums up the EB movement

I sometimes wonder if brethren had had a missionary outreach( the 'Great Commission') we might have been spared this maelstrom of politics and infighting, totally preoccupied with ourselves and ' those with us'...but not the Lord...

Thankfuly we moved on ,it was obvious nothing had changed and wasn't going to but obviously many 'Rentons' never did...my own opinion is when things are at loggerheads in a local meeting its better to leave than remain and be the cause of conflict...there's no profit in it..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 am 

Gordon Rainbow once awarded me what I consider a badge of honour. I had had an exchange with him on his fairly bitter attack on all church ministers and church services. I asked him what he really knew of them. He replied that brethren at the beginning of the recovery knew about them so that was sufficient. I disagreed.

Next thing he had written to all the various ex-EB sites, including e predeccessor of this site, warning them about me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:54 pm 

In spite of denying it ,claiming a 'Judgement' of clergymen and organized church services, the brethren had the most 'organized' church services and a recognised clergy that defied the Roman Catholic Church...at least in the RC church they had a protocol for picking the Pope, in the EB it's a bun fight for the gig...so don't let anybody tell you the 'brethren had no clergy'

What I find a strange anonomoly is the brethrens claim to be ' guided by Paul' on church governance and protocols but in actual practice ignore it ...ie.local autonomy, qualifications for oversight, plurality of leadership, recognised elders and deacons, accountability...in the brethren it's a hodgepodge of politics and one upmanship with the winner claimed on some sort of nebulous ' the Lord laid his hand on him' then disposing of all the runners up...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7