WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:56 pm 

There have been numerous mentions in local meetings recently and some in BDH's ministry I think, Ian? ...as to "traitors" who are passing on ministry and things to the outside world, i.e. to "non-community" people, who are not supposed to be allowed to hear the utterances of the leader of this so-called "mainstream church" of the EB/PBCC. The main reasons given seem to be that the tiny low-level minds of the non-community masses might misinterpret or take out of context or assign common usage (LOLZ) to the dribble contained therein. Each little white book of ministry (starting a couple of weeks ago) now seems to have a huge long frontspiece spiel about copyright and impinging "upon the honour and reputation of its contributors".

:twisted: It does make me laugh when egotists with absolutely terrible reputations and no honour, get all uppity in their self-delusions.

I was reading the below article, which is very interesting, about an E.German teenager who was imprisoned for spying. How this relates to the EB/PBCC, is that I think BDH has missed a trick, re saliva sampling, fingerprinting, handwriting analysis, and DNA-testing of his flock. I just wanted to helpfully point it out to him. (Of course any traitor worth his/her salt, will get their pet cat or dog to lick any traitorous envelopes full of ministry to be sent out... but hey, it might catch one or two amateurs, and that will make BDH feel better.) The fact that any such mandatory or coerced collation of this personal information would be against the law, would be neither here nor there for the EB/PBCC - many of the members demonstrate on a daily basis their contempt for the law, and human rights.

Of course there is no superficial connection between the way a totalitarian state like E.Germany under the Soviets ruled its people by fear and psychological domination, and the EB/PBCC. Not for a minute. Dob in your neighbours or even your family for miniscule infringements they may or may not have committed? A hierarchy of supposedly 'priestly' police in each town? Hmm, I could go on, but the point is made.
Quote:
The Stasi not only viewed the BBC as an enemy broadcaster, they specifically saw this programme as a form of psychological warfare aimed to destabilise the regime and incite resistance. They were convinced Harrison was an undercover spy, wooing agents in East Germany.
In the end it was the letter writers they really knuckled down on, and the Stasi were extraordinarily fastidious in their pursuit.
They took saliva samples from the licked envelopes to identify blood groups which they cross-checked with doctor's records. They traced fingerprints on the paper, sourced the ink and collated an extensive archive of handwriting samples.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-4128 ... e=facebook

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 pm 

Genuine churches are only too pleased when their proceedings are relayed to a wider audience. The further the good news spreads, the better. Even matters that might be regarded as private, such as accounts of where all the collection money goes are published in detail and attached to the notice board in our local church, where members and non-members can examine them.

Secrecy strongly suggests that something sinister is going on. And it is. The printed ministry proves it. Eyewitness testimony proves it. Thousands of ruined lives prove it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 pm 

Your comparison of PBCC behaviour with "genuine churches" Ian, got me thinking further. Just WHY the Brethren continue try to describe themselves as mainstream, I've no idea (well actually, I can only think they assume it will help their chances of retaining charitable status, if they can continue to hoodwink the C.Commission into believing them). But virtually none of their practices are anything like mainstream churches - in fact I can't think of ANY, other than the fact they read from a Bible (that no mainstream church uses) and sing hymns (from a hymnbook no-one else uses). That's it; everything else is jargonised, weird, or downright illegal. IMHO.

The Brethren maintain they're terribly worried about their reputation and honour being maligned, but it doesn't seem to occur to them that their dreadful habit of trying to mislead the public every time they make a media announcement (e.g. the now infamous 'rebuttals'), their litigious behaviour (and on the other hand, complete disregard of the law whenever they feel like it), their dangerous and arrogant driving habits (they would be shocked to realise how much this is noticed and despised by their nearby communities*, worldwide) and their pervasively shonky business practices, have done the group way more damage than any externally applied defamation.

*I use the word 'communities' in the normal sense, not the way it is now used by the EB/PBCC as an isolationist self-descriptor. Odd how they co-opt various words into their jargon, and give them a much nastier, closed-off meaning. E.g. 'compromise' - when used by Brethren, it's a dirty word, perjorative; anyone else, it's generally a good thing, an ability to value.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 pm 

I remember when the brethren were quite proud that the universities and churches in 'Christendom'supposedly valued the EB 'teaching' and 'light' as something they didn't have... We also said the ministry was 'not ours' but 'for the whole church' ( that was before we claimed we were the 'whole church' )...My cousins late EB father reverently loaned him a white book saying' you won't find teaching like this in Christendom' and after reading what might be best described as mindless rhetoric and banal one liners about 'your dear father' assured his father 'you certainly wouldn't ...

Poor deluded souls,they actually think they are 'special' and have a 'special message from God 'that no one else has'( one of the 'red flags' of a cult) But of course with nothing to compare it with,they are at the mercy of their blind leaders who can tell them anything....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:10 am 

There are 1,000's of people around the world who are certain that they are Jesus.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:48 am 

Certainly seven, anyway!

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-p ... -of-christ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:00 pm 

And even stranger,people around them who believe they are...you can find them on the 7th floor in the 'secure' ward
'Prophets' are more common,every cult in town has one....and their 'adoring' fan club

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:41 pm 

It’s the fan clubs that astonish me and worry me. Political or religious extremists will always be around, trying to exert their influence, trying to deceive, control and exploit people, and that does not surprise me. What surprises me is that thousands, sometimes millions of people give them their fanatical support and are completely blind to their moral failings, falsehoods and irrationality.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 pm 

I believe like many cult leaders it was JTJrs adoring 'fan club' that made it dificult for many of the brethren to accept the fact he was an alcoholic and failed miserably....the mesmerizing effect of these charismatic leaders blinded them and they simply couldn't ,or wouldn't accept facts,plus if they did,their whole system would collapse or as I was told personally 'we simply cannot allow that to happen'

This is not unusual,Warren Jeffs 'fan club' included mothers who delivered up their 13 year old daughters to be raped by him....fortionately the judge begged to differ..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:32 am 

Amazing fact: Bruce Hales thinks he speaks God's word.

Even more amazing fact: 40,000 people agree with him.

Fact: he doesn't and they are all wrong.