WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post subject: Daily Devotional
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57 pm 

Now that Bruce has replaced Jesus and his ministry has replaced Scripture, the Day Dawn calendar would seem no longer appropriate. Instead, I think the Brethren would be grateful each morning to wake to some gems that have fallen from the lips of These Great Men. Here is today's:

The moral is equal to the physical; that is what it is to be in the assembly. JSH

Post subject: Re: Daily Devotional
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 pm 

Bums, boobs and bastards. JTjnr.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:19 am 

YOUTH 1: Waste your film, mate. Poor cunts. A word of admonition perhaps? to QUENTIN MCDERMOTT, ABC Journalist

Ahh what a wonderful testimony these young brothers bring to the evil worldlies eh. Sorry it wasn't one of these great men's quotes, but it is so good to see that the wonderful quotes of beloved JTJr as in the previous posts are being upheld in our day eh!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:02 am 

Ministry of J. S. Hales, New Series Vol. 29 page 203
Quote:
The best informed people are out of fellowship. The best read, the best informed people are out of fellowship.

John Hales was right about that. There were many learned scholars and skilled teachers among the earliest Brethren, but I can’t think of a single one who has remained among the Exclusives. They all decided it had gone wrong, and left. JND nearly did so too, but JBS persuaded him to stay. Something similar happened around 1960 and 1970. The most able Bible teachers and best informed Brethren were among the first to leave.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:24 am 

Ian McKay wrote:
Ministry of J. S. Hales, New Series Vol. 29 page 203
Quote:
The best informed people are out of fellowship. The best read, the best informed people are out of fellowship.

John Hales was right about that. There were many learned scholars and skilled teachers among the earliest Brethren, but I can’t think of a single one who has remained among the Exclusives. They all decided it had gone wrong, and left. JND nearly did so too, but JBS persuaded him to stay. Something similar happened around 1960 and 1970. The most able Bible teachers and best informed Brethren were among the first to leave.

I am reminded of a comment in meeting by one of my locals. "so and so was the only one who was right about such and such, but he is (Or died) out of fellowship."

The message of Hales and any number of localized parrots is that it is safer regarding eternal welfare, to be ignorant and blindly obedient but in fellowship.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 am 

The place lower down, where the babies come out. We can't mention it. You older sisters have got one too. JTJr 1970

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 am 

J.T. Jr Get to hell out of here! 'ell I said 'ell out of here. You. big bum there, you Bennett, what are you doing there sitting round........... You
never had it like this before. ( Extract from "Ministry" in Aberdeen 25 July 1970)

And I am sure there is something in that for all of us!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 am 

You don't love me, and your wife doesn't love me either. Henry Magahy (J.H.S.'s No 2 until he got caught doing norty things)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:28 am 

The Lord says, “Well, Jim, the assembly, yes, I trust it to you completely. My wife, Jim, go ahead, it is yours”! (Henry Magahy, October 1970)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:02 pm 

And then He strengthened United States to drop those two bombs, which finished the war, at least as far as Japan was concerned, instantaneously, it just, just was a final instantaneous blow. God was in it.
BDH Vol. 79 page 49 (Los Angeles, 6 September 2008)