WikiPeebia.com Forums

Like after a fellowship meeting, just better.
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note: This forum allows the use of anonymous usernames and is a public forum. This means that there probably are members of the PBCC active in the forums. They may try to befriend you with the intention of gathering information that should not get out into the public domain. Be very careful what you say to persons that you do not know. Bear in mind too, that use of a username on another site or forum may not necessarily be the same person on WP with the same username. There have also been actions of copying what is said here to use elsewhere. This is not allowed. Please read the forum rules properly. Full forum rules can be found at http://wikipeebia.com/forum

Post subject: Peeb Mischief
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:07 pm 

I loved Abishag's
Quote:
This eclipsed the balloons over the exhaust pipes/ white mice under the chairs during a meeting/ 10,000 marbles down the aisles over a convex concrete floor/ debacles of the late 1960's. The latter saw the front row rise in fury - only to fall flat on their collective arses. Well worth the investment of twenty strategically placed lads, who let them go about half way through a meeting. I was there! The racket was brilliant and seeing Alf McAlpin on his bottom was well worth the price of admission.
and it brought to mind other mischievous deeds from my dim and distant past. I thought it might be fun to share some here. I'll start.

Up until July 1970 I had a best friend who had older brothers and whose family lived next to a pub. My friend and I were in our early teens and too young to buy booze so it was the older brother who was sent next door to but a bottle of brown ale for our midnight feasts. He was also an up and coming young peeb who took part in the supper, preached and gave words, so he would get away with things we never would. For instance if he was asked "What are you thinking?" towards the end of the meeting he would say "I was thinking it was time we closed our bibles, and all the bible were shut, the sisters scraped their footstools and the meeting was over. He was a great ally.

We used to set him challenges for the meetings (in fact the above example may have been just one such). He was dating a young peeb sister named Viv at that time and we challenged him (winner collects bottle of brown ale) to mention her in the meeting. He rose to his feet at the supper and thanked the Lord for the vivaciousness of the assembled saints. He won fair and square. The bottle was his.

Post subject: Re: Peeb Mischief
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:18 pm 

OK, here's another one.

At a neighbouring city room there was a balcony constructed of tubular scaffolding with a boarded stepped floor. At the very front was a plywood balustrade, lined on the inside with chicken wire. The good thing about going to meetings there was we young brothers would all rush upstairs and line the front rom. When something happened, like sniggering, and the older brethren would look up from the ground floor, a row of boys' heads would suddenly dip below the balustrade.

What was fascinating about the chicken wire was that you could twist bits back and forth until they snapped off, and from there you would continue and start to form a decent hole. There was only so much you could get through in one meeting but we would hurry back to our same seat at the next one and carry on with enlarging the hole we had started.

One evening meeting my friend decided he wasn't extending his hole in the wire fast enough and brought along a pair of pliers. You can guess the ending. At some stage he dropped the pliers onto the bare wooden floor. All the sisters jumped six inches off their seats and the brothers looked up sternly. Sadly we were the only two people on the balcony that night, so it wasn't hard for our parents to identify the culprit after the meeting. I think we were relegated to the hall floor after that!

Post subject: Re: Peeb Mischief
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 pm 

Alarm clocks pre-placed under various empty seats in a less than half-filled big local hall, set to go off at slightly different times during the second half of a long reading meeting. Not me guv, but very funny to be there... and surprisingly hard for a super annoyed 'brother' or two to zero-in on each of them as they went off, to find them & turn off the racket! Only for the next alarm to go off, once seating was resumed puffing and panting, and a sort of limp resumption of the meeting had occurred, under the guise of "Where were we?" -----SszzhhRRINNGGG!
:lol: